Enigma@Home The reason why work generator is stopped
I have stopped the work generator because IMO it does not make sense to continue the batch that runs with the original ("naval") dictionary set, where upgraded dictionary sets have already failed with similar number of target restarts. IMO it's better to try with another dictionary set and tweaked app. Both cases, however, require major upgrades on the server side - for performance reasons, I have removed some of the functionalities it originally had and now I have to add them back. It's going to take 2-4 weeks because my job leaves me very little spare time. I'm also going to clean the database from any leftovers, there are still over 20k workunits in the db, probably most of them are broken WUs that accumulated over time (at some point there was a sudden failure of SSD drive where the database filesystem is located, it was replaced by RAID5 setup with the data restored from backup, but ~4500 workunits/results ended in messed up state). I'll wait a few days and then all the orphaned workunits / results will be removed. Also, all future (larger) batches will be split into a group of smaller sub-batches. While the batch is running, the server requires access to all the results that were returned and if the database gets to big, performance suffers. It also makes creating 'offline' backups harder due to the amount of data in the db dump. In a few days I'll post downloadable results from the previous batches in case anyone wants to take a look.