Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: Migration to new server

  1. #1

    Exclamation Migration to new server

    just taken from the old website:

    # Feb 28 2005: IMPORTANT:The DHEP server will migrate to a machine hosted by the Free-DC team. ALL CLIENTS MUST BE RECONFIGURED as described for the beta test server in the Feb 22 entry below.
    # Feb 22 2005: Beta test of the new DHEP server has begun and will finish on Monday 28th. To migrate to the new server you must change the following in your scripts: every time it says 139.184.166.27 should be changed for stats.dbestern.com. This includes the java.policy file and the launching scripts. Statistics will not be logged for this week to incur no disadvantage to those joining in the beta test. Beta test result will be announced on Monday 28th. If successful all users should migrate and stats collection will be resumed on Tuesday from the new server. If unsuccessful stats collection will be resumed on Tuesday from the old server.

  2. #2
    Target Butt IronBits's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Morrisville, NC
    Posts
    8,619
    every time it says 139.184.166.27 should be changed to 70.84.240.122

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Nijmegen
    Posts
    21
    Should interaction stay at 1 minute?
    Don't Panic!

  4. #4
    Mine are still set that way, and were all during the beta test, if that's any help.

  5. #5
    Target Butt IronBits's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Morrisville, NC
    Posts
    8,619
    Everything looking ok? I know more and more folks are piling on

  6. #6
    www.amdusers.com
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    254
    What's with the "News" section at Sussex and dbestern sites saying Feb 29th 2005? Doesn't exist in my calendar.

  7. #7
    Hi there,

    I've recently downloaded the installer for DHE, and it still points to the old server (instead of dhep.dbestern.com).

    Would it be possible for someone with access to the installer to update this and refresh the installer.msi?

    Cheers
    Sean

  8. #8
    Originally posted by SeanAdams
    Hi there,

    I've recently downloaded the installer for DHE, and it still points to the old server (instead of dhep.dbestern.com).

    Would it be possible for someone with access to the installer to update this and refresh the installer.msi?

    Cheers
    Sean

    Sorry, this should request that the Wrapper.conf, and java.policy files are updated in the downloadable installer to point to dhep.dbestern.com, and if possible, the wrapper.conf file changed to make logging the default option (as per thread on logging).

    Cheers
    Sean

  9. #9
    Administrator Bok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Wake Forest, North Carolina, United States
    Posts
    20,787
    Blog Entries
    13
    Unfortunately we don't have the requisite knowledge or software to modify a .msi file at the moment

    Bok

  10. #10
    Originally posted by Bok
    Unfortunately we don't have the requisite knowledge or software to modify a .msi file at the moment

    Bok
    Hey Bok,

    Who created the install file which is available on:
    http://dhep.dbestern.com/download.php

    Surely, the best idea would just be to ask the person who created the current MSI file (or possibly Miguel / Michael Garvie - listed on the DHEP to-do list page)?


  11. #11
    There are directions on how to set up DHEP if you have a SOCKS proxy. Is there a way for me to set this up to work with my HTTP proxy?

  12. #12
    Administrator Bok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Wake Forest, North Carolina, United States
    Posts
    20,787
    Blog Entries
    13
    Originally posted by SeanAdams
    Hey Bok,

    Who created the install file which is available on:
    http://dhep.dbestern.com/download.php

    Surely, the best idea would just be to ask the person who created the current MSI file (or possibly Miguel / Michael Garvie - listed on the DHEP to-do list page)?

    Miguel did it himself I believe, but using software at his old university which he no longer has access to..

    Bok

  13. #13
    Administrator Bok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Wake Forest, North Carolina, United States
    Posts
    20,787
    Blog Entries
    13
    Originally posted by DesertFolk
    There are directions on how to set up DHEP if you have a SOCKS proxy. Is there a way for me to set this up to work with my HTTP proxy?
    DF,

    can't say I've seen it using an http proxy, but if it can use a SOCKS proxy I'm sure it can. Miguel will more than likely answer this though.

    Bok

  14. #14
    Does anyone know if this will run with an HTTP proxy? If it will, please post instructions.

  15. #15
    Target Butt IronBits's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Morrisville, NC
    Posts
    8,619
    Miguel - answer your email please!

  16. #16
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    13

    Project dead?

    So, then without the interest of the creator of this project, is it dead?

  17. #17
    Target Butt IronBits's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Morrisville, NC
    Posts
    8,619
    I believe that to be a correct statement.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •