PDA

View Full Version : dfGUI v1.1 Windows (Auto-Update Bug Fix)

Digital Parasite
06-10-2002, 09:59 PM
I have released dfGUI v1.1 for Windows which updats a bug related to auto-update. With v1.0 and before after an auto-update was finished the DF client would restart with your default foldit.bat options and not your user-specified options. This has now been fixed.

You can download the latest version at:
http://gilchrist.ca/jeff/dfGUI/

v1.1 (June 10, 2002):
- dfGUI now replaces foldit.bat with user-defined code instead of using its own .bat file since auto-updates on NT/2000/XP platforms will call foldit.bat after the update and not use user-specified options. The DF client will now re-start will the user-defined options after an auto-update.

Jeff.

stappel
06-11-2002, 01:40 PM
Jeff, can there be a problem with the new df client and your gui? I just had the df update (with the second casp protine) and the gui keeps saying 0%. Even thou the completed structures are at 700 out of 5000.

Scoofy12
06-11-2002, 06:43 PM
dunno... FWIW im running as a service in XP. left for work this morning and when i got back i found my computer crunching happily on the new protein (i assume it's the new protein, DFgui says its going much faster). the screensaver on my office computer failed to update... but then again, it won't even run the text client. It jsut says "Cannot execute distribf~1.exe" no matter how i try to execute it (from foldit.bat, from dos prompt, with its full name or dos truncated name)... OS is win98, anyone ever heard of anything like that?

Digital Parasite
06-12-2002, 07:15 AM
Stappel: The new protein is much smaller so yes it is running faster than the previous one. Because of this, the block size between updates is now 5000 structures instead of 3000 for the previous protein. You need check your "# of Structures" box in the bottom left of dfGUI to make sure it says 05000 instead of 03000. Once you do that it will probably report the correct value.

Jeff.

stappel
06-12-2002, 01:53 PM
Jeff, found it this morning. now its working again.