PDA

View Full Version : Riesel Sieve Website down?...slow?

birdman2584
10-18-2005, 04:47 PM
Ive been having some problems with their website lately, and i was wondering if anyone else was experiencing these difficulties. Maybe Maefly is just over loading their servers?:jester:

edit: working fine now except stats not working

CaptainMooseInc
10-18-2005, 05:23 PM
The site is flaky. Something to do with the DNS? I dunno, there's a thread about it somewhere on the forum that hasn't had anything added to it in awhile.

Basically it just has its good and bad days. :-p

-Jeff

CaptainMooseInc
10-18-2005, 05:29 PM
Well, I'm getting this when I try to goto the forum...

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Too many connections in /usr/local/www/data/rieselsieve.com/forum/db/mysql4.php on line 48

Warning: mysql_error(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /usr/local/www/data/rieselsieve.com/forum/db/mysql4.php on line 330

Warning: mysql_errno(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /usr/local/www/data/rieselsieve.com/forum/db/mysql4.php on line 331
phpBB : Critical Error

Could not connect to the database

Maefly!!! You broke RieselSieve!!!!!!!!!

-Jeff

Bok
10-18-2005, 05:54 PM
Maybe we should host their forums, much like we do SoB....

I'd be happy to :)

Bok

bryan[RS]
10-18-2005, 06:04 PM
Maefly didn't break our forums, I did :bonk:

A port upgrade that appeared to go well didn't....and that FUBARed almost everything...Hit and miss all day. Things are up and running now - I've had to disable our stats updates for a time, as it seems these were getting stuck and causing the overload. Sorry - I know that as a project, that doesn't look good at all - we were just trying to get the latest-and-greatest on our boxes, and that apparently threw things for a loop. I'll post here when things are fixed.

Bryan

Bok
10-18-2005, 06:07 PM
Latest and greatest doesn't always work I find, let me know if you'd like the forums hosted here, you'd get full moderator on them :)

Bok

bryan[RS]
10-18-2005, 08:20 PM
Stats updates restarted. Free-DC Stats have updated as of the 8:15 ET update.

Thanks all for their patience.

Bryan