PDA

View Full Version : Getting no work on some boxen

Bok
11-02-2005, 10:22 AM
Something is up...

A lot of machines are ok, but some (different clients too) are getting no work, even though there is 150,000+ wu's queued..

Waiting for feedback once west coast get in to work..

Bok

PY 222
11-02-2005, 12:34 PM
Just checked my boxes and it is confirmed. 4 out of 9 computers are just sitting there not doing anything.

Anything we can do to get some work for our puters?

Bok
11-02-2005, 01:11 PM
I *think* they may have just fixed the issue. I noticed a 'project down' message on one client briefly, then it attached and downloaded. A few other clients have also now downloaded new work.

I'm sure they will post soon anyway. The feedback is very reliable.

Bok

sTs950
11-02-2005, 02:19 PM
oi... still seeing 'Project is down' on all my clients... what message board should i watch to see status? The boice message board has no mention of any problems that i see....

Thanks,
Ryan

Digital Parasite
11-02-2005, 02:23 PM
This morning I found one of my clients without work for several hours, I just did an "Update" on the project page and it was able to download some more WUs but I guess its an intermittent problem for people. Maybe their web servers are getting overloaded from all the participants?

Bok
11-02-2005, 02:24 PM
They have a high load on the DB server and are working on it at this time.

Ryan, check the message boards at the Rosetta home page for updates..

Bok

sTs950
11-02-2005, 02:28 PM
ahh, finaly found it..
http://boinc.bakerlab.org/rosetta/forum_thread.php?id=265

Thanks,
Ryan

Jeff
11-02-2005, 02:31 PM
My laptop and two of my "remote" machines are down it seems... :( This may not be such a good computer for borgs. I hate having to visit people just to "check out their computer". ;)

birdman2584
11-02-2005, 02:47 PM
I was doing a server restart. The project may be down intermittently (for just a few minutes each time) for the next hour or so as I purge the database.

from david kim

Scoofy12
11-02-2005, 11:51 PM
I'm still completely unable to get work on either of my boxen.

I'm running predictor at the moment... so If I'm attached to both, is it smart enough to run predictor when it can't get work from rosetta?

n7vxj
11-03-2005, 03:30 AM
I still can't get any work, and it's starting to piss me off!!My duallie has been trying to download work since 3:00p.m., and it's now after midnight my time.:Pokes:

Digital Parasite
11-03-2005, 07:05 AM
Yeah, its the next morning now and still I am only getting intermitten work. For now I am running BOINC and FAD together to try and boost FAD points a little before the project ends.

Bok
11-03-2005, 07:55 AM
Well, David Kim posted at 3am EST to say that the DB was still running a purge of old units and this would continue overnight. So hopefully we'll be back online today. In the meantime this downtime means I should at least get the #1 team spot in LHC :)

Bok

n7vxj
11-03-2005, 10:35 AM
Can someone tell me how to force an update on boxes running the Linux client?

Bok
11-03-2005, 11:07 AM
Easiest way is to use boincview on a windows box to manage them as you can explicitly run all of these commands against the remote boxes very easily.

I don't think there is a commanline option to do the update in linux, though it must be available via the RPC as I do it from boincview.

You could also restart the boinc client with

./boinc -return_results_immediately

But I'm not sure it does an update.

do a

./boinc --help

to see the options.

If you need help setting up boincview let me know.

Bok