PDA

View Full Version : "no new work"

Scoofy12
11-03-2005, 11:50 PM
If i click the button in boincmgr that tells a project not to get new work, is there any way to undo this?

I was running rosetta and predictor, with rosetta having a much larger share, but predictor was crunching while rosetta couldnt get work. then rosetta got some work and had preempted predictor. but my WU in predictor was almost done, so i suspended rosetta and clicked not to get new work on predictor, so it would finish. then i resumed rosetta and away it went. but then i apparently burned thru my rosetta WUs and couldnt get more.. but predictor wasnt running either, since i had told it not to get new work!

how do i make it get new work, in case rosetta goes down again?

Bok
11-04-2005, 12:05 AM
Just go to the projects tab, highlight the Predictor row and click 'Allow new work'

Scoofy12
11-04-2005, 12:11 AM
hm, thats odd i figured it would be something like that and looked for it but the button still read "no new work." maybe it didnt take or something, or misdisplayed or who knows what. anyway, rosetta's got work now so i cant really check it anyway. guess ill see what happens if rosetta runs out again.