PDA

View Full Version : Shares feature not cooperating

jasong
11-06-2005, 06:48 PM
I changed the shares of Einstein to 400 and Climate Prediction to 1, I left the rest at 100. I clicked Update and....nothing.

What did I do wrong?

Bok
11-06-2005, 07:42 PM
What were you expecting to happen ?

All that means is that boinc will attempt to utilize them for that ratio, but it's certainly not exact. When it next does a schedule CPU (default every 60 mins) it will most likely jump to CPDN but it depends on what your short term debt is on that machine.

When you click update, that is for a particular project anyway.

Bok

jasong
11-06-2005, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by Bok
What were you expecting to happen ?

All that means is that boinc will attempt to utilize them for that ratio, but it's certainly not exact. When it next does a schedule CPU (default every 60 mins) it will most likely jump to CPDN but it depends on what your short term debt is on that machine.

When you click update, that is for a particular project anyway.

Bok
I realize that the real-life distribution of computing time will differ. The problem I'm having is I expected my listed shares within the BOINC Manager to change. That's what I'm complaining about.

jasong
11-06-2005, 09:18 PM
Figured it out. Apparently, suspending a project causes it not to update it's shares visually, although they are, in fact, updated.

Bok
11-06-2005, 09:22 PM
If it's suspended then it will never contact that particular project, therefore never getting it's updated settings...

Bok