PDA

View Full Version : Sharper Image Potentially Damaging

IronBits
11-06-2005, 09:54 PM
I know there are a lot of gadget freaks around here :rolleyes: ...

$400 Sharper Image Ionizing Air Filter Found Potentially Damaging to Respiratory System
http://www.realtechnews.com/posts/1265

Shish
11-06-2005, 10:42 PM
Hmmmmm.
Ask anybody who`s worked in a power station or high energy switching area why they wouldn`t have one of those in the house and low level ozone layers have become part of the traffic smog problem in many cities over the last several years and are quite deadly.

LAURENU2
11-07-2005, 12:07 AM
Ouch I made a fanforced ionizer for my cats litter box to control oder and it works well. But with this I guess I will have to toss it :cry:

Shish
11-07-2005, 02:20 AM
I got a new type one for the daughters cats cos I really hated the smell in her house.
When she moved in with us after her house problems (gable end wall didn`t take kindly to modifications and then the builders went bust) I had to get her to farm out the cats because my cockattoo started attacking them and she also went straight for the device which was attached over the litter tray and destroyed it and upended the tray. Now I can`t find that type anywhere. Made by one of the large smelly companies it doesn`t have a perfume type thing but a kinda chemical neutraliser like Neutradol you get for the car plus a built in timer shot power spray which senses when the cat uses the tray and leaves and a set of hypoallergenic air filters which constantly recycle air through the whole unit both above and below via the legs. It`s a bit like a large tray with a canopy and the cats loved it but the shop I saw it in has moved and I can`t find them now. Can`t read the Chinese writing on it either but I did get a heap of the refills and filters. Stuck together with gaffer tape, it still works where the cats are housed but it`s in a sorry state. It has to be about the least smelly (virtually none) cat tray I`ve ever come across and a couple of neighbours (next door has 9 cats, used to be farmers till they retired) bought them after seeing them in action. And they weren`t that expensive considering the refills package they came with.
Any ideas anybody??? cos she wants another one or something very similar as she now has the beginnings of asthma like her mum and she`d sooner die than get rid of any of her animals.