PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade issues

Bok
12-20-2005, 04:30 PM
Thread to list issue with the upgrade. Some I'm aware of some I'm not.

(I do now have the old forum running on a machine at home to check colors and such, but it's still quite difficult as the style options have changed a lot)

Post replies and I'll edit this first post

1. Style doesn't quite match the old Free-DC style - working on check the --testing style
2. (the-mk) Smilies font color on popup - fixed in --testing style
3. (the-mk) archive link on lower right corner is broken - it's a new option, not switched on yet.
4. Smilies still pushes the body over 100%, needs reordering more. --Fixed
5. (Gopher) Previous,Next at top also ?
6. (Moogie) Logo goes to forums not homepage
7. (alien88) Sob style needs fixing too - did some work using sob352 style to test
8. Frontpage needs looking at how it tied into style.

gopher_yarrowzoo
12-20-2005, 04:54 PM
hmm minor gripe, need the "<< Previous | Next >>" links at the top as well as bottom of post(s).
Looked at the code of this page looks okay but it might need a align:left in the attribs of the style as the Logged in as "user" is in the correct place.. it's something simple it, I'll have a look see what I can do.. I'll PM you a link to the image I see with some measurements on it :) should help some more..

Okay make it clearer the "Previous" and "Next" post links were at the top and bottom of each post before you upgraded.. get me now!

Moogie
12-20-2005, 06:10 PM
When you click on the Free-DC logo at the top, it only brings you back to the forums, and not the home page.

magnav0x
12-20-2005, 06:17 PM
When you click on the Free-DC logo at the top, it only brings you back to the forums, and not the home page.

I'm not sure, but I think that has always been an issue.

Moogie
12-20-2005, 06:31 PM
I believe that we used to be able to get to the home page before. But I could be wrong. I just got back from Christmas shopping and I'm not in my right mind. :D

Bok
12-20-2005, 06:39 PM
it does go to the homepage on the old version. It's an easy fix..

I need a break though. Will work on some more fixes later.

Bok

p.s. I think the smilie box going off the screen is fixed now ?

Moogie
12-20-2005, 06:41 PM
it does go to the homepage on the old version. It's an easy fix..

I need a break though. Will work on some more fixes later.

Bok

p.s. I think the smilie box going off the screen is fixed now ?

Smilies work for me. :)

You are doing great. You need to take a well deserved rest.

Jeff
12-20-2005, 06:47 PM
Yeah, doing absolutely fantastic Bok! Take a break and have a few :cheers: on me. ;)

the-mk
12-21-2005, 12:47 AM
Took a look at the forums again and it looks really great!!!

Thanks for your great effort and have a cold one on me :cheers:

But there is one thing I'm missing:
on the front page (free-dc.org without forum) I was able to see my avatar, but it's gone now... probably the upgraded software displays it a bit different now?

Bok
12-21-2005, 12:52 AM
I don't even know how the frontpage was tied into the themes. I have to look into that. Hadn't even thought about it before as I usually come straight into the forums.

I'll add it to the sticky.

Bok

EvoDude
12-21-2005, 05:25 AM
That was a short break Bok (check timings on posts). I, for one, really appreciate all the work you do on our behalf. This must rank as the top Direct Computing team site aroundhttp://www.cosgan.de/images/midi/froehlich/a115.gif

Angus
12-21-2005, 07:33 PM
Nice new look!

but- I can't find where to change the 'title' that appears below the user name in the left side - like "Registered User"...

Moogie
12-21-2005, 07:52 PM
Nice new look!

but- I can't find where to change the 'title' that appears below the user name in the left side - like "Registered User"...

Go to user CP up at the top and then edit profile on the left. You will see the custom user title. Change it there.

Angus
12-21-2005, 09:41 PM
Go to user CP up at the top and then edit profile on the left. You will see the custom user title. Change it there.

Nope - don't see or have that option anywhere in User CP

Bok
12-21-2005, 11:20 PM
Might be an admin option only that's been switched on.. remind me in the morning - hic!

the-mk
12-22-2005, 12:19 AM
Is anybody having a problem with the cookies? Everytime I visit the forum I have to log on again. the "remember me" switch doesn't really work :( anybody seen that?

Another thing: can we have the good old yellow smileys back instead of them? :confused: :o :( :eek: ...

Suggestion: is it possible to change the height of the text-area where you enter your post to the thread, so it is as large as the smiley box?

LAURENU2
12-22-2005, 12:59 AM
Is anybody having a problem with the cookies? Everytime I visit the forum I have to log on again. the "remember me" switch doesn't really work :( anybody seen that?

Another thing: can we have the good old yellow smileys back instead of them? :confused: :o :( :eek: ...

Suggestion: is it possible to change the height of the text-area where you enter your post to the thread, so it is as large as the smiley box?
Yes I had this happen I deleted all the cookies in the temp INTERNET folder and I Had to reboot . Try rebooting if not wipe your cookies that should do it

Moogie
12-22-2005, 07:45 AM
Might be an admin option only that's been switched on.. remind me in the morning - hic!

Bok (anyone else?).

I just look up at the top of the forums and see a menu bar:

User CP, FAQ, Member List....etc.

Does anyone else see this menu or not? I wanted to make sure if there was anyone other than Angus having the problem. It's fairly straightforward on all of the boards, so I'm not sure where the problem lies.

Edited to add: You can also change it through your private messages up in the top right hand corner. Go to your PMs, and then there is a menu on your left. Choose Edit Profile.

Marky-UK
12-22-2005, 07:57 AM
I think on vBulletin, the ability to change your Custom Text becomes enabled when you read a certain post count. I don't have the option to change my Custom Text, but I do know how it works on other vBulletin boards.

Moogie
12-22-2005, 08:30 AM
I think on vBulletin, the ability to change your Custom Text becomes enabled when you read a certain post count. I don't have the option to change my Custom Text, but I do know how it works on other vBulletin boards.

I had thought of that one but Angus has a rather large post count so that shouldn't be an issue with him. I'll double check to see if something didn't get messed up in there.

Moogie
12-22-2005, 08:47 AM
Angus..you should be fixed now. I found out what the problem is and am working on getting it sorted.

Let me know if any of you don't have access to your custom titles.

Thanks.

Bok
12-22-2005, 09:47 AM
Should be ok now ?

Was an option that got reverted somehow.

Bok

The-mk,

a few smilies were on a different path and I haven't added them back in yet. Will do this as soon as I can.

the-mk
12-22-2005, 01:10 PM
Yes I had this happen I deleted all the cookies in the temp INTERNET folder and I Had to reboot . Try rebooting if not wipe your cookies that should do it

What browser are you using?

I use Firefox 1.5 and deleted every single free-dc.org cookie and restarted Firefox. Now the board remembers me (hopefully?)

I think I'm becoming more and more like our customers. Calling every day the support hotline to tell them that something in the software is wrong :D

the :metal: ( : metal : ) and :rock: ( : rock : ) smilies are twice in the smiley list... I don't know if we can delete one of them... maybe some posts have "empty" smilies afterwards :confused:

Bok :allhail:

Angus
12-23-2005, 02:42 PM
Angus..you should be fixed now. I found out what the problem is and am working on getting it sorted.

Let me know if any of you don't have access to your custom titles.

Thanks.

Thanks Moogie.

The option has re-appeared.

Now - if I could just get this danged browser to remember my login...

With FireFox 1.5, it seems to remember for a while (hours, but less than a day), but typically overnight it will 'forget' and force me to login again.

Bok
12-23-2005, 02:48 PM
I changed the cookie timeout to be 150mins rather than 15mins to alleviate the problem a little, but I don't understand why the 'remember me' options works sometimes and not others. I've got one PC where it remembers it and another 2 which don't!!

Perhaps try and delete all the free-dc cookies, stop and start browser and login in again with remember me? I did that on my linux box I'm using now about an hour ago, we'll see if it times out..

Not sure if it's a forum problem or a firefox problem to be honest /shrug

Bok

LAURENU2
12-23-2005, 08:26 PM
What browser are you using?

I use Firefox 1.5 and deleted every single free-dc.org cookie and restarted Firefox. Now the board remembers me (hopefully?)
Sory for the delay I E 6.0

And Bok 1 thing I have noticed the imgae icon in the editor is a on off on thing.
Is there something I need to do to make it allways there?
:rotfl: And can I ask if your new upgrade supports WinME:hifi:

Bok
12-23-2005, 08:41 PM
OS support is transparent, it's just the browser that matters. If I were to offer adive though, I'd switch to firefox... much better than IE!! and a lot safer, try it once and you'll see :)

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by the image icon though? Can you perhaps do a screenshot?

If it's a style issue I can probably fix (I know a lot more about vbulletin styles today than I did last monday!!!!)

Bok

LAURENU2
12-23-2005, 10:28 PM
http://www.free-dc.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=894&stc=1&d=1135394448

I think it has something to do with the posting rules