PDA

View Full Version : Incorrect Protein

cat_odair
06-18-2002, 02:14 PM
I'm new at this so please don't bite. :(

I've been working on the last two proteins - just dl newest and can't upload - keep getting Status 908 Incorrect Protein.

Yes, I'm connected
No there's no connection problems
I'm on Linux Mandrake and dl the RH which has worked fine for me in the past.

I went back deleted the newest file and downloaded it again - same result.

Any ideas

KWSN_Millennium2001Guy
06-18-2002, 02:18 PM
Are you behind a caching proxy server or firewall? I experience the same problem behind mine. I have to manually clear the proxy server and flush the cache. Most people don't have access to be able to do this, so you may have to wait 4 to 12 hours for the cache to time-out itself.

Ni! :D

Brian the Fist
06-18-2002, 07:01 PM
Actually, someone just told me I can use a <meta> tag to tell proxies not to cache server.status, so if I can figure out how to work that, that will no longer be a problem for any proxy users such as yourself. Cross your fingers :jester:

KWSN_Millennium2001Guy
06-19-2002, 02:02 AM
I isolated a machine or two that I could duplicate your problem on.

Here is the situation to cause the client to fail every time:

On a Windows Client install:

1. Shut down the old client by deleting the foldtrajlite.lock file.
2. The program shuts down, creating a filelist.txt file and leaves behind some .bz2 files.
3. you copy the contents of the latest download over all of the files in the directory, leaving the proxy.cfg, handle.txt and autoupdate.cfg files alone, also leaving the filelist.txt and the associated files.
4. you start up the new client.
5. It complains that the upload file is the old protein, it doesn't upload or delete the entries from the filelist.txt file.
6. The program NEVER will upload the files, it fails on the first files and never tries the next ones on the list.
7. After you stop and restart the client a number of times the client fails immediately and stops working. You have a lot of .bz2 files scattered all over the directory.

THE FIX: You can delete the older .bz2 files and edit the filelist.txt file, taking out the names of these "bad" files.

ALTERNATE FIX (for those that can't edit a file): Delete all the files in the directory and reinstall from scratch.

cat_odair
06-23-2002, 12:21 PM
Thanks for the replies. sorry not to answer sooner but I took off for a 4 day vacation. I made a few pitiful attempts to correct the problem, then being in a time crunch opted to delete/reinstall.

Cat Brigit :rolleyes:

GOLDENBALLSAINTYORK
06-25-2002, 07:48 AM
I had the same problem....I just deleted all the bz2 files from the directory and it seemed to work..

cat_odair
06-30-2002, 07:33 AM
:bang:
Since then, I upgrade Linux workstation to a server, booted up and immediately got a message - boot virus from Trend Micro :swear:

Neither NOD nor F-prot can find it - I'm way behind on me folding

bumblebee
07-01-2002, 09:28 PM
Don't worry, I don't think you have a virus.
I think that you have the Trend Micro, boot virus protection turned on in you BIOS. And what is happening is that your boot manager, LILO or Grub, etc is just updating the boot sector.

Just let it do the update, and all will be fine.

You have run some anti-virus software, and it found nothing, so I think this is what is happening.

So get back to folding.
:cheers:

cat_odair
07-02-2002, 07:03 AM
Yeah - I figured that out. Duh! I forgot I had it enabled so naturally when Linux started to write to the boot sector it 'thought' virus! I've disabled it since.:rotfl: