PDA

View Full Version : Are we slowing down??

Fozzie
01-16-2006, 03:45 PM
Keep the faith guys and gals only a couple of days for SETI Germany and then we have the longer haul for Anandtech.

Are we all still up for the hunt?

PY 222
01-16-2006, 05:18 PM
Still running full steam ahead. :clap:

Bok
01-17-2006, 11:59 AM
Can someone post the dpad client somewhere I can get hold of it. I'll run it on my laptop offline this week whilst I'm on site as I'll be able to get out on ftp.. I can't get the to the dpad site from this network unfortunately though..

Bok

em99010pepe
01-17-2006, 12:12 PM
Can someone post the dpad client somewhere I can get hold of it. I'll run it on my laptop offline this week whilst I'm on site as I'll be able to get out on ftp.. I can't get the to the dpad site from this network unfortunately though..

Bok

Can I send it to you (Free-DC email account)?

Carlos

PS(Sent)

Bok
01-17-2006, 12:25 PM
Depends how big it is I guess. Try it and we'll see.

Bok

em99010pepe
01-17-2006, 12:26 PM
Depends how big it is I guess. Try it and we'll see.

Bok

2.08MB?

Carlos

PY 222
01-17-2006, 12:35 PM

Bok

Bok, you can use mine.

http://www.yeoh.us/stuff/muon.zip

Just remember to change the user.txt file or else everything will go to me. MUhahahhaaa.

Bok
01-17-2006, 12:42 PM
Got it via email, thanks guys. Running now. Not sure how much this laptop will be able to produce before I fly back on friday, but we'll see :)

Bok

Fozzie
01-17-2006, 02:52 PM
every little bit helps.

How do jkusuda, Magnav0x, rshepard and some of you ex-DPAD'ers feel like popping a box or 2 on it to help us catch The Evil anandtech empire?

:Pokes:

Breaking news we could see The Mooginator on DPAD sometime soon. We await Her peachness with baited breath.

Jeff
01-18-2006, 04:49 PM
Not sure yet, but I may give this a try again soon. For some reason Rosetta just doesn't do it for me. :( Are Opterons a good match for DPAD? I have three DC Opterons running between 2.6GHz and 2.7GHz that I'd be able to swing over. Also, is there an option to run it as a service? If so, I can add a few more clients into the mix also.

TIA. :cheers:

LAURENU2
01-18-2006, 10:30 PM
Sorry guys I am makeing a new computer room here and a 3rd of my nodes are in transit right now, but will be back up to full speed soon :hifi:

Fozzie
01-19-2006, 01:49 AM
Jeff my X2 loves DPAD so I imagine Opterons will rock.

Using instsrv and srvany you'll be able to sort out DPAD easily as a service. I have been running it as a scheduled task under XP.

All you need to do to harvest the nodes if you need to seneakernet is to cut the results.txt out of the running nodes DPAD folder and upload it from another dpad folder which will host the results.txt file and is connected to the 'Net.

em99010pepe
01-19-2006, 02:46 PM
Also, is there an option to run it as a service?

Is this what you're looking for:

http://www.soni.dk/Distributed/dpadservice.asp

Carlos