PDA

View Full Version : ChessBrain DC Project

magnav0x
06-22-2002, 11:23 AM
http://www.chessbrain.net/nos-team.php

Figured we could get Free-DC going on this project, I have it running in conjunction with DF. Doesn't have a noticable effect against DF's speed and it still pops out at least one completed unit a minute.

FoBoT
06-22-2002, 11:49 AM
i am doing it, but did they come up with a way to have "Real" teams?
last i saw, their version of teams was everybody use the same ID :rolleyes:

magnav0x
06-22-2002, 11:57 AM
I do believe he has it where each user on a team has his/her own stats now. I've been e-mailing the guy back and forth this morning. So I guess for the time being just get your user id set up. I requested he add Free-DC as a team, so he may be working on it right now, he's a speedy replier, just e-mail him and tell him you are with Free-DC.

FoBoT
06-22-2002, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by magnav0x
just e-mail him and tell him you are with Free-DC.

so that is how we join the team? email that carlos guy?
ok
i am currently #15 :)

magnav0x
06-22-2002, 12:00 PM
http://www.chessbrain.net/teaminfo.html

FoBoT, I nominate you to be main contact :P

magnav0x
06-22-2002, 12:02 PM
I'm e-mailing him right now and going to refer him to this forum to answer our questions I hope we'll see more teammate participating in this project soon, so we can be a pain to other teams on yet another DC project :jester:

FoBoT
06-22-2002, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by magnav0x

FoBoT, I nominate you to be main contact :P

um, ok, i just emailed him also about joining the FreeDC team :)

FoBoT
06-22-2002, 12:07 PM
the way i understand it, until they move the chessengine into the client, the "work" is mainly just testing their network/servers, which is why you have to run CB with another DC client, CB by itself will NOT utilize all your unused cpu cycles at this time

magnav0x
06-22-2002, 12:12 PM
That sounds about right, I was kinda bummed that CPU usage was 0% with just it running, but it's also good for user lower producers that don't want to cut into our DF production :)

Hrm....I think this needs it's own section in the DC section lol

FoBoT
06-22-2002, 08:53 PM
the team has been created, Free-DC is one of five teams participating in ChessBrain
they just have a pie chart showing our standing here (http://www.chessbrain.net/nos-team.php)
we are 4th :/

magnav0x
06-22-2002, 09:02 PM
Thanks to you we started off ahead of Ars :) Hopefully we'll get more followers and move up quickly. Carlos and I e-mailed back and forth about the client/stats situation for the future and it sounds like he's got some big plans for the future.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yeah I understand.
Data visualization is one of my favorite topics :)
One other member told me that the best thing I can do is to write a text file out with data. That way folks can build their own killer add-ons. One thing that I can do is to provide a live data feed to the team sites so that stats can be displayed on your own terms... Simple PHP/Perl will do the trick.

The client will absolutely rock!

- CJ
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can't wait for some of these implitations in the future :notworthy

Supp
06-23-2002, 06:20 AM
I started to run this project on my home machines - it uses quite little comp.power, or better uses it only for a short while. Definetly good - I can run it w/ ECCp :D

magnav0x
06-23-2002, 10:10 AM
Supp, let me know what name you are registered under for chessbrain and I'll have carlos add you to the team statistics.

Supp
06-23-2002, 12:51 PM
Already told him so, he added me there under my real-world name, he'll change it to Supp soon.

BTW: What has most impact on how many moves you compute? or is computing divided equally among all peers??

magnav0x
06-23-2002, 02:07 PM
It seems as if it just continues to calculate another move once you are finished with the current one being proccessed. I'm not sure exacly how he is allocating them among everyone.

Supp
06-23-2002, 02:26 PM
Good question for project manager! ;)

FoBoT
06-28-2002, 08:12 AM
they switched from yahoo forums to their own phpBB forum, check it out :)

ChessBrain message board (http://www.chessbrain.net/bbs/index.php)

magnav0x
06-30-2002, 01:19 PM
:cheers:
Glad he switched over, I wasn't ever going near the yahoo forum