PDA

View Full Version : Logging on to the Forum

Paratima
02-10-2006, 07:18 PM
Seems like just lately it's getting where about every third or forth time or so that I visit the forum, I have to re-log on. I'm on the latest version of Firefox, 1.5.0.1, running under XP, with all its updates. I've got cookies enabled for free-dc.org. I don't clear out the cookies, at least intentionally. On this box, I've got no chron jobs enabled. It happens even on the same day, so it's nothing daily.

Any ideas? :scratch:

Bok
02-10-2006, 08:44 PM
Make sure you don't have any cookies for www.free-dc.org (delete them if you do, they are old.)

and make sure the 'Remember me' is checked.

Bok

Paratima
02-11-2006, 11:33 AM
Sure enough, I had a couple of the oldies. Gone now; we'll see what happens.

Thanks, Bok! :cheers:

Paratima
02-11-2006, 01:35 PM
Worked twice, then stopped working. Logged in and exited normally - stopped again. Before logging back in manually this last time, I checked the cookie jar and found:

free-dc.org (bblastvisit)
free-dc.org (bbpassword)
free-dc.org (bbuserid)
free-dc.org (bblastactivity)

Bok
02-11-2006, 02:04 PM
Do you have the 'Remember Me' checked ? If you do you should never need to login again. I was getting the same thing as you until I deleted the www.free-dc.org cookies, then clicked the 'Remember Me' and logged in. It's been logged in since then (about a week or so).

If you don't tick the Remember Me it does not create the bbuserid & bbpassword cookies.

Bok

Paratima
02-11-2006, 08:42 PM
Um, yes, Bok. Not a total gumball here. :looney:

Yes, I had "Remember me" checked and, as I noted, when it failed, all the appropriate cookies were present. I don't know what was in them, but they were there.

And yes, the "www" cookies were removed.

When I looked in just now, I got "Welcome, Paratima.", just as I'd expect. I'll log my successes and failures over the next couple of days and report back if I'm still having troubles.

Angus
02-11-2006, 10:23 PM
Make sure you don't have any cookies for www.free-dc.org (delete them if you do, they are old.)

and make sure the 'Remember me' is checked.

Bok

Why would www.free-dc.org cookies be invalid? The forum is still on that domain. What else would they be?

Bok
02-12-2006, 12:40 AM
Because vbulletin is now defined to create the cookie as .free-dc.org, that simple. I changed it quite some time ago so that the cookie code can be used on stats.free-dc.org...

Bok

Angus
02-12-2006, 05:16 AM
OK. Was just wondering. No problems here.