PDA

View Full Version : Read this if you have taken a hit for points

Fozzie
02-16-2006, 02:13 PM
I took a hit today and felt a bit raw about it. So I sent an email off to Stephen who sent the reply below.

"The most likely explanation is that some points go through twice and then get removed later. It's kind of irritating how it does this, but right now it's a problem with Windows FTP not being very effective (so for safety things get sent multiple times). So right now points will go up and down a bit but should still even out... usually you can see a slightly higher peak earlier on where the doubled results went through. Pass this on to your team mates, as every time I've looked into this recently I've found no genuine losses just duplicate removals.

-Stephen"

I do now remember a higher score one day than I expected so it is only right and proper it levels it out.

Kinda skated over the ups and noticed the downs. Bad Foz :bang:

LAURENU2
02-16-2006, 03:59 PM
That is not a vary effective way to run in my oppion It would be better to give a handshake to say the WU was received OK.
I can see how this is or might be going to cause a lot of distrust in this project

meep
02-16-2006, 04:23 PM
I think the system is ok, all my uploads are manual and so I have seen the failures the upload encounters and the subsequent re-runs. Perhaps a more reliable upload tool is required....

The biggest problem is that the FTP server with the region .au is still faulty and constantly present in the .csv - everytime the batch file downloads a fresh server list I have to scrub that one out.

PY 222
02-16-2006, 08:08 PM
I sent him an email but he didn't reply me.

Now I feel so left out. :cry:

LAURENU2
02-16-2006, 11:34 PM
I sent him an email but he didn't reply me.

Now I feel so left out. :cry:
Well thats because Fozzie has a face only a project Admin could love:jester: