PDA

View Full Version : Camliner, Darkness Prods, PCZ, Glenn119, Longbow and Shish prepare

Fozzie
03-02-2006, 05:23 AM
to be :stomp:

That goes for Dyyryath, Alpha and Ronbo too. :Pokes:

alpha
03-02-2006, 07:08 AM
I'd love to throw a machine on this but I'm all tied up in BBC CPDN.

/me waves to Foz as he passes

IronBits
03-02-2006, 10:21 AM
One of these days the whole Team should make a serious effort here.
I believe this is one project we have never exercised our boxen on ...

Darkness Productions
03-02-2006, 11:24 AM
I'm off on an RC5-72 conquest. RK me. I won't mind. One of these days, if and when I get some borgage, I might come back. Who knows.

Fozzie
03-02-2006, 01:38 PM
as QIbHom said above it just sits there and behaves itself.

If it could be sneakernetted I'd like to throw some worthwhile boxen it's way to move us up a spot or two.

It just doesn't seem right to have Arsians ahead of us.

I know they have been here since the year dot and that is why they are there but it just doesn't feel right, it's almost as bad as Cows being ahead.

IronBits
03-02-2006, 03:48 PM
Well I know it runs on both Windows and *nix ...
Our friends over at [H]OCP are the veterans on this project so it's only appropriate that I give ya some linkage on how to set it up correctly, except that we use Team 758. ;)
Tips for Windows
http://www.hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1027699988&postcount=6
That FAQ also discusses sneakernetting :thumbs:

Tips for *nix
http://www.hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1027699992&postcount=7

I'm on a BBC CPDN run for 2+ months so won't be able to join in just yet, but don't let that stop you...
It would also be wise to look at our ranks in other projects to make sure we are sustaining our leads that we have now before launching an all out attack on this project ( I think we are loosing ground in Rosetta for example )
:cheers:

Bok
03-02-2006, 04:27 PM
Anyone is welcome to help me pass Ars in Leiden.....

Won't take much :) And I may just do it myself starting this weekend anyway.

Bok

IronBits
03-02-2006, 06:23 PM
:swear::|ot|::rant::bonk::slap:;)

Good work on Leiden :thumbs:
Taking Ars on by yourself http://www.mersenneforum.org/images/smilies/extra/showoff.gif :cheers:

Shish
03-02-2006, 11:49 PM
I stopped Folding because it meant really tying down a whole box or three with the memory requirements for the large wu and i didn`t really want to have to allow folding to virtually take over a box and make it unresponsive which is how it ended up on all my duals even with a gig of memory. I actually like to be able to use all my boxes for other things as well so doing that meant mainly small wus and timeless tinkers which made it very uncompetitive.
Nuff said.
Good luck Foz, have at it.

Fozzie
03-03-2006, 07:23 AM
I have 2 instances running on my X2 and it behaves fine with the Virtual Server 2005 RC2 (64bit compatible and awesome)

Shish
03-03-2006, 11:22 PM
It`s a mature program now and does behave well but it eats up too much of the system resources if you want big points and can be slow to get out the way, especially with giving up memory, when you need the system for something which needs memory and cpu time.
They just wanted too much in my view as I also require all my systems to do TV and video crunching on demand which can be heavy load and need it to free up memory fast.