PDA

View Full Version : D2OL Phase I ends April 2

ronbo54
03-02-2006, 11:32 AM
From Adam on D2OL forum:

"Greetings everyone,
I wanted to take a few minutes to update you on the projected schedule for switching over, permanently, from the old NAS to the new NAS. Library and target preparation is progressing well, and we plan to have the new tasks loaded on the new NAS by April 3 (more details later on the nature of the targets and libraries). We will then unplug the old NAS and replace it with the new NAS. At this point, the first phase (call it Phase I) of the project will be completed, and we will be starting fresh. All stats from Phase I will be saved and available in a static format, and a Hall of Fame will be formed from the top producers. The project stats will then be reset.

With this in mind, you need to be sure to upload any cached results you have by April 2 to ensure that your stats and the results themselves are saved and counted. Remember, Phase II starts on April 3, so Phase I results turned over after that date won’t count toward your new stats.

If anything happens to affect the planned schedule, I’ll announce it immediately. In the meantime, let me know if you have questions or concerns.
Thank you,
Adam"

CaptainMooseInc
03-02-2006, 12:07 PM
*gasp*....*shock!*

Well I guess R@H finally was stealing enough of their participants to warrant actually getting off of their @$$es and doing something about it.

And here I was hoping that D2OL would just quietly fade away like Ross Perot did...

-Jeff

Digital Parasite
03-03-2006, 11:05 AM
I hope they re-do the client so there isn't any JAVAness in it any more. Maybe they should take the time to port it to BOINC.

ronbo54
03-03-2006, 04:58 PM
I hope they re-do the client so there isn't any JAVAness in it any more. Maybe they should take the time to port it to BOINC.

Looks like the new client will come later. New targets/libraries/stats on April 3.

IronBits
03-03-2006, 06:58 PM
This is starting to sound exciting... :)
http://www.d2ol.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi

gopher_yarrowzoo
03-04-2006, 10:07 PM
Well if it goes BOINC I won't be crunching it - sorry I just HATE the BIONC client its a pain in the ass IMHO since I would Only really wanna crunch 1 project on it - which kinda wastes the whole point of the cleint.