PDA

View Full Version : We are losing ground

Pages : 1 [2]

moddolicous
05-05-2006, 09:01 PM
To all of Free-DC and our guests from XS,

I've got the grill pit ready. You want me to put the beef on?
If so, I'll need an idea about what we want.. .ribs, burgers, etc ????
How about the side dishes? Can everyone bring one side dish to pass around?

:D
We discussed this @ XS, and are still tryin to find a central location (as DDtung is in Hong Kong, Windforce in Israel, and lots of other places. Once we get that settled, then we'll worry about the side dishes. Vegas was one choice:rock:

PY 222
05-05-2006, 09:16 PM
To all of Free-DC and our guests from XS,

I've got the grill pit ready. You want me to put the beef on?
If so, I'll need an idea about what we want.. .ribs, burgers, etc ????
How about the side dishes? Can everyone bring one side dish to pass around?

:D

PARTY. :rock: :rock:

Per my title in the Forum, I shall bring the beer! :cheers:

LAURENU2
05-05-2006, 10:26 PM
Well I guess from the above posts it's not over till it is over. So there is no need to wait till it is over to run new power so that I can add more power:looney:

riptide
05-06-2006, 04:26 PM
With ronbo back, I am sure the XS will have a harder time overtaking us.

:cheers:
As i said back on the XS, we will have a harder time. :cheers: The cows have just collapsed and its only the 6th! :rock: You guys will probably be tough. So I can't wait to see what the summer brings us. :D

ex2cib
05-06-2006, 08:20 PM
just thought i'd let you know, we're about 15k away from them now, time for us to fire up the grills

Chuck
05-06-2006, 10:38 PM
just thought i'd let you know, we're about 15k away from them now, time for us to fire up the grills

Ok, I will stoke it up and pick up some nice cure bacon to wrap those steaks and burgers in..... (makes them REALLY nice and tender) :D

LAURENU2
05-07-2006, 12:46 AM
Well Good That will tip the scale.:thumbs:
Now even the XS DTR (Day to roadkill) clock is turning backward

2 Dutch Power Cows 24,319,944 285,542.24 -106,522.33 28.99
3 XtremeSystems 24,114,791 322,317.55 -143,297.64 22.98

:thumbs: Go Team Go:thumbs:

Now even XS are rolling back on days

2 Dutch Power Cows 24,683,687 262,759.07 -80,720.08 38.32
3 XtremeSystems 24,672,263 315,331.54 -133,292.55 23.29

But it is not enough we still need 30% more power:rock:to keep our lead

PY 222
05-07-2006, 01:52 AM
Now even XS are rolling back on days

But it is not enough we still need 30% more power:rock:to keep our lead

Oh don't worry LAUREN, I am sure our fellow Free-DCer's still have alot of firepower left to keep the XS at bay.

Maybe we will toy around with them and let them pass us first before we fire up everything we've got and take back 1st place. :rotfl:

riptide
05-07-2006, 08:52 AM
Oh don't worry LAUREN, I am sure our fellow Free-DCer's still have alot of firepower left to keep the XS at bay.

Maybe we will toy around with them and let them pass us first before we fire up everything we've got and take back 1st place. :rotfl:
We're coming for you... the cows have been wiped.... and I'm full of beef! :D :D

LAURENU2
05-07-2006, 12:25 PM
We're coming for you... the cows have been wiped.... and I'm full of beef! :D :D
Ya I see you tried to catch the cows before they started the stampede and could not catch the Cows until they stop running
And now your time to over take clock is running backward with us

2 XtremeSystems 24,819,881 318,130.93 -128,296.22 23.92
3 Dutch Power Cows 24,782,438 249,924.62 -60,089.92 51.69

Is this truly some thing to brag about :lmao: :rotfl: I think not:umm: But it is funny:rotfl:

ex2cib
05-07-2006, 01:28 PM
Ya I see you tried to catch the cows before they started the stampede and could not catch the Cows until they stop running

Is this truly some thing to brag about :lmao: :rotfl: I think not:umm: But it is funny:rotfl:

it may be running backwards, but it hasn't disappeared :cheers:

DocWardo
05-07-2006, 05:58 PM
Talked to a friend today......
his computer now runs rosetta for me.... ;)

:borg:

that's the price you pay for free tech support.

LAURENU2
05-07-2006, 07:34 PM
it may be running backwards, but it hasn't disappeared :cheers:
Ok OK it has not disappeared but give us a week or so and it might:thumbs:

:hifi: Go Team Go Go Go:hifi:

riptide
05-08-2006, 12:15 PM

They were running full steam ahead when we started to get a lead on them in the middle of the month. We out ran them. And would have done regardless of whether they stopped running or not. The way I see it XS were slow to start off, but as the month started and progressed, we picked up speed. had a few key members joined us with big powa behind them. And even still some big hitters are joining every few days for XS long after the shampede has ended. This is gonna be great! I can't wait to see what July/August brings.:Pokes:

ToshPower
05-08-2006, 12:47 PM
They were running full steam ahead when we started to get a lead on them in the middle of the month. We out ran them. And would have done regardless of whether they stopped running or not. The way I see it XS were slow to start off, but as the month started and progressed, we picked up speed. had a few key members joined us with big powa behind them. And even still some big hitters are joining every few days for XS long after the shampede has ended. This is gonna be great! I can't wait to see what July/August brings.:Pokes:

Well that is not completely true, although XS was putting up a nice fight, it was only in the final few days of the stampede that you guys out produced us, and that wasn't really because you produced more, we produced less..

But overall, i wish good luck getting FDC, you'll need it :cheers:

riptide
05-08-2006, 01:27 PM
Well that is not completely true, although XS was putting up a nice fight, it was only in the final few days of the stampede that you guys out produced us, and that wasn't really because you produced more, we produced less..

I refer you to free-dc's lovely statspage. DPC were increasing production most of the days until 30/04/2006, then collapsed. I believe we outproduced you 11/12 separate days in April. http://stats.free-dc.org/new/teamrank.php?proj=rah&team=Dutch+Power+CowsThat is One third of all the days in April.. not a few.

Bullet2urBrain
05-08-2006, 06:42 PM
although XS was putting up a nice fight

True!

it was only in the final few days of the stampede that you guys out produced us

Not True!

and that wasn't really because you produced more, we produced less..

Not True! We broke 400k Did You?

Very Much True!!!

Absolute0
05-08-2006, 06:54 PM
XS has a lot of untapped resouces, and don't forget, Opty 165s and 170s at 3Ghz are standard issue there ;)

The next months are going to be quite fun :cheers:

ToshPower
05-08-2006, 07:15 PM
True!

Not True!

Not True! We broke 400k Did You?

Very Much True!!!

I am not going to argue, i still respect the things XS has done, so i'll leave it at that.

The one thing i'll comment on is the 400k barrier. That was more an effect of the stats beeing incorrect the day before, as you can clearly see in the stats :) Non the less, great work, keep it up :rock:

cMw
05-08-2006, 08:00 PM

hahaha your so finished BRAH, DDT's got your number

PY 222
05-08-2006, 08:12 PM
hahaha your so finished BRAH, DDT's got your number

Thats great. Have him call me anytime. :cheers: :lmao:

Bloody_Sorcerer
05-08-2006, 09:40 PM
hong kong to CA calls can't be cheap ;)

Chuck
05-08-2006, 09:51 PM
Phone calls may be a bit expensive, but GSM text messages are no additional charge :) (I text back & forth all over Europe)

cMw
05-08-2006, 09:57 PM
Thats great. Have him call me anytime. :cheers: :lmao:
hahah i cant wait till we roast you and the rest of fdc

LAURENU2
05-08-2006, 09:59 PM
Talk about a crude post :slap:

Chuck
05-08-2006, 10:04 PM
It's ok... I'll just make sure he gets the chicken burgers instead of the steaks.

:P

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

C.

PY 222
05-08-2006, 10:10 PM

No worries. You know where I am and where my team is at.

Just look up........ way way up. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

serlv
05-08-2006, 11:42 PM
I want to apologize, if I may, for some of my more rambunctious teammates. You guys deserve much respect. I think I may even had a moment of disrespect, myself, in an entirely different time and an entirely different project, towards Free-DC.

It is easy to get caught up in competition, in "bloodlust", in maybe the heady swirl of a major pass, but the fine crunchers of Free-DC deserve respect. I suggest they be treated that way.

Get to know them, they're good guys. Then try your best to whoop them. In actions. Trashtalking doesn't really have a place here.

My 2 pennies.

Scott
aka DCManiak

Bullet2urBrain
05-08-2006, 11:46 PM
I want to apologize, if I may, for some of my more rambunctious teammates. You guys deserve much respect. I think I may even had a moment of disrespect, myself, in an entirely different time and an entirely different project, towards Free-DC.

It is easy to get caught up in competition, in "bloodlust", in maybe the heady swirl of a major pass, but the fine crunchers of Free-DC deserve respect. I suggest they be treated that way.

Get to know them, they're good guys. Then try your best to whoop them. In actions. Trashtalking doesn't really have a place here.

My 2 pennies.

Scott
aka DCManiak

You.... Leave now. no one asked you to come over here and start defending XS.. you can go home now and dont let the door hit you on the way out. I will out DC you, and all your friends and then DDTUNG will out DC you and the PY will out DC you :jester: :jester: :lmao: :harhar:

FDC has so far been a most gracious host to all of us Bar Hoppers from XS.

Scott: i'm just playing, Your still a legend even on this side of the pond to me :blush:

serlv
05-09-2006, 12:05 AM
You.... Leave now. no one asked you to come over here and start defending XS.. you can go home now and dont let the door hit you on the way out. I will out DC you, and all your friends and then DDTUNG will out DC you and the PY will out DC you :jester: :jester: :lmao: :harhar:

FDC has so far been a most gracious host to all of us Bar Hoppers from XS.

Scott: i'm just playing, Your still a legend even on this side of the pond to me :blush:

I'm confused. :jester: :confused: :jester:

Seriously, though, bro, you know I wasn't referring to you. You are a known incorrigible around here, and probably loved for it. Just some of our more exuberant, and possibly youthful guys are not showing respect.

thewildblue
05-09-2006, 02:09 AM
Hello guys I feel its time for a disclaimer here.

To all Free-DCers please note that some of the views expressed in this thread arent necessarily the views from the whole team nor can they represent individuals unless the indivual mentioned posts for themselves to confirm.

Hope that makes sense, I want to keep this clean and friendly.

XS Dimes Captain.

James

Biggles
05-09-2006, 06:52 AM
*grabs popcorn*

This should be a good fight, provided of course that Free DC actually try to stay the course in a big project. :p

Still, it's good to see Zippy from FAD is still around. I wondered what happened to his farm.

serlv
05-09-2006, 09:16 AM
Thanks, Biggles.
When I almost had an electrical "meltdown" take down my house, I used the down time to break the farm apart , reconstitute and rebuild it. I retired a bunch, built some new ones.

ladypcer
05-09-2006, 09:21 AM
Well, this should be fun. Both Free-DC and XS are powerhouse teams.
This will be intense, but don't forget it's supposed to be fun too. :cheers:

Hi Lauren! :hiya: :D

Bok
05-09-2006, 09:34 AM
Keep it friendly guys, I don't want to have to moderate this thread but will if need be..

I see mainly exuberance from some of the younger members of XS, nothing TOO much to worry about. I have nothing but respect for XS and what they have done in Rosetta and D2OL before that. But for those at XS that may not be aware, in the latter days of D2OL when there was a big battle going on with DPC and some very 'undetermind' dumps coming out from them, please remember that a number of Free-DC members moved all of their points to your team in order for you to stay at #1..

I'll ignore the ARSe comment for now as well, it's par for the course..

Bok

LAURENU2
05-09-2006, 09:50 AM
Well, this should be fun. Both Free-DC and XS are powerhouse teams.
This will be intense, but don't forget it's supposed to be fun too. :cheers:

Hi Lauren! :hiya: :D
:blush:
:hiya: :bouncy: Nice to see ya Lady! Long time!! How have you been?

Absolute0
05-09-2006, 11:50 AM
Keep it friendly guys, I don't want to have to moderate this thread but will if need be..

I see mainly exuberance from some of the younger members of XS, nothing TOO much to worry about. I have nothing but respect for XS and what they have done in Rosetta and D2OL before that. But for those at XS that may not be aware, in the latter days of D2OL when there was a big battle going on with DPC and some very 'undetermind' dumps coming out from them, please remember that a number of Free-DC members moved all of their points to your team in order for you to stay at #1..

I'll ignore the ARSe comment for now as well, it's par for the course..

Bok

It's all good, we have a ton of respect for FDC, we are just looking forward to a nice competition :thumbs:

ladypcer
05-09-2006, 12:38 PM
:blush:
:hiya: :bouncy: Nice to see ya Lady! Long time!! How have you been?

Good. :) I'm just here to give you guys a poke (not that you need it) in the R@H challenge. :)

riptide
05-09-2006, 02:19 PM
Thats not accpetable by any means! :bonk: Keep it friendly! We have our honour.

LAURENU2
05-21-2006, 02:15 PM
No we are holding our own again in this project
OUTSTANDING work team one and all
And if XS keeps slacking off we will start to gain ground on them :banana: again

http://stats.free-dc.org/new/teamrank.php?proj=rah&team=Free-DC

*EDITED* to change link.. as the chart alone is only for a session..

PY 222
05-21-2006, 03:32 PM
Great job everyone.

We've increased our production significantly since 2 weeks ago and thanks to the Team work, we have now managed to increased the overtake to 2 months now.

:thumbs: :thumbs:

riptide
05-23-2006, 10:27 AM
No worries. You know where I am and where my team is at.

Just look up........ way way up. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
tut tut. Don't blind yourself with the sun in your eyes today looking up at US! :rotfl: !

LAURENU2
05-23-2006, 05:38 PM
hahaha thats why your team is rising so fast the have members just full of hot air like you :harhar: :fart:

riptide
05-23-2006, 05:58 PM
hahaha thats why your team is rising so fast the have members just full of hot air like you :harhar: :fart:
Damn I was hoping for a better punch line than that.. must be the pressure!:Pokes:

EDIT No. 2: Hmmmm actually will have to recheck that figure... Someones been bold and given me dodge figures! :swear:

IronBits
05-23-2006, 10:28 PM
They must be getting desperate! Go Team Go :|party|:
This is a copy of a message I received, evidently because I'm a registered user on thier forum.

Hello fellow XS Members!

We don't email you often but we're involved in something that can use your help. Our XS Rosetta team is involved in a battle for first place with the good folks at Free DC. What we'd like to ask from you is to come to the XS forum, stop into the Rosetta section and just take a look and see if this is something you'd be interested in doing. Be it to help out XtremeSystems, for the team spirit, the friendly competition, or for the stats! Also add that after sucessfully completing a certain amount of points, users will be eligible for a custom title of their choice. Have a look at the Rosetta forum to see what you need to do. But, so as not to be too long, we've got a few useful bits of information for you.

What is Rosetta exactly?
Here is a link to the welcome page of Rosetta where the project leader, Dr. David Baker, explains it much better than we ever could:
http://boinc.bakerlab.org/rosetta/rah_welcome.php

Points are given on a benchmarking basis, and the stats are regularly updated, along with Bok's comprehensive stats over here: http://stats.free-dc.org/new/teamstats.php?proj=rah&team=XtremeSystems". It's also a fantastic way to prove if your system really is as stable as you claim!

What are the minimum system requirements?
Anything above a P3-500 with 512mb ram. The ram is a more important issue than the cpu speed, but a P3-500 (or AMD comparable) is about the minimum.

How will it effect my PC?
Practically none: this is one very good point on Rosetta. Rosetta uses a configurable client. By default it will run at 100% cpu usage. If you open up a game, it automatically backs off the cpu usage. You can also go into the "preferences" section and set the cpu usage to a lower percentage. You can also "suspend" Rosetta with a simple right click of the icon in the system tray. A service install is also available. Rosetta works with both Windows and Linux.

For the next few months rosetta will also be running CASP, which means a chance to get our names in some top medical journals. More can be found over here: http://predictioncenter.org/casp7/.

I don't want to write a book here and any additional info can be obtained at the forum and any questions can be answered by any one of the guys in the Rosetta section. We are sure you’ll have a great time folding for the team. We really need your help and thanks for taking the time to read this.

Sincerely,
DC-team XS Rosetta

Originally posted by: OPPAINTER

Thanks a bunch for the lesson in stable Overclocking :D
This Rosetta is a great stability test for both CPU/Ram overclocks and overall hardware durability.

Bok
05-23-2006, 10:56 PM
Yup, I got it too..

DragonOrta
05-23-2006, 11:05 PM
Well ya know what, since you got the e-mail, you can feel free to join our team at whatever time is most convenient for you. :D And that goes for anyone else that got that e-mail. :thumbs:

ex2cib
05-23-2006, 11:10 PM
that email has been in the works for a very very long time now

probably for a few months, but like dragonorta said, feel free to join up:rotfl:

PY, i think we can dig up an extra outlet for that fridge of yours:jester:

sidenote:
im not trying to pull anyone away from FDC with above statements, all in good fun

LAURENU2
05-23-2006, 11:30 PM
Well ya know what, since you got the e-mail, you can feel free to join our team at whatever time is most convenient for you. :D And that goes for anyone else that got that e-mail. :thumbs:
Well thank goodness I did not get one I get enough Spam:harhar:

PS2pcGAMER
05-23-2006, 11:44 PM
The e-mail reminded me that I need to switch over my boxes from other projects...for Free-DC of course. :-)

LAURENU2
05-24-2006, 01:27 AM
OK we are 112K down in output How many AMD 2Ghz windoze boxen do I need to make up that 112K???

ddtung
05-24-2006, 06:20 AM
OK we are 112K down in output How many AMD 2Ghz windoze boxen do I need to make up that 112K???

About 80+ AMD DCs running XP at 2.6GHz.:) Ready to blow $50k+ on the parts plus the electricity to run them?

DDTUNG:cool:

LAURENU2
05-24-2006, 09:32 AM
Well I guess I will need a couple shopping carts and my work truck to cary it all home :beep:

riptide
05-24-2006, 10:56 AM
Well I guess I will need a couple shopping carts and my work truck to cary it all home :beep:
Yep... like I said before... time to chop up that bed and make more room man! :thumbs:

Jkusuda
05-24-2006, 12:06 PM
Yawwwnnnn......

Waking up from my inactive slumber. Ya guys need me to switch my fleet over to help fight off these upstarts?

:rotfl:

PY 222
05-24-2006, 12:51 PM
Yawwwnnnn......

Waking up from my inactive slumber. Ya guys need me to switch my fleet over to help fight off these upstarts?

The more the merrier Jkusuda.

Give em hell. :smoking: :rock:

PY 222
05-24-2006, 01:37 PM
About 80+ AMD DCs running XP at 2.6GHz.:) Ready to blow $50k+ on the parts plus the electricity to run them?

DDTUNG, you are my hero.

I add firepower, you add more firepower but it seems that you've pulled ahead far enough that I don't think I can catch you anymore. :thumbs:

I Salute You Sir! :rock:

ladypcer
05-24-2006, 02:29 PM
PY 222, you are a true gentleman. :thumbs:

jmag034
05-24-2006, 02:30 PM
DDTUNG, you are my hero.

I add firepower, you add more firepower but it seems that you've pulled ahead far enough that I don't think I can catch you anymore. :thumbs:

Wow, from what I've heard from the guys running past DC projects, DDTUNG's army was nothing compared to PY's, but I guess things have changed since then.

cMw
05-24-2006, 02:31 PM
DDTUNG, you are my hero.

:thumbs:

XS_The_Machine
05-24-2006, 03:52 PM
Just gotta rib each other once in a while. Watching computers crunching numbers can get REALLY boring after a few months, help break up the monotony :hifi::hifi::hifi::clap:

RinSewand
05-24-2006, 04:25 PM
I think DDTung is pretty much everyones hero! I prefer to watch the stats rather than the pcs! :D

LAURENU2
05-24-2006, 05:07 PM
Yawwwnnnn......

Yes Please:hifi:

LAURENU2
05-24-2006, 05:24 PM
DDTUNG, you are my hero.

Don't give up hope yet PY I'm going to send you some of that rocket fuel DDT got.
I siphoned some off his fuel tank as he passed by:bouncy: it does have a bounce to it

ex2cib
05-24-2006, 06:18 PM
Don't give up hope yet PY I'm going to send you some of that rocket fuel DDT got.
I siphoned some off his fuel tank as he passed by:bouncy: it does have a bounce to it

fuel? what fuel:whistle:

PY 222
05-24-2006, 06:46 PM
Wow, from what I've heard from the guys running past DC projects, DDTUNG's army was nothing compared to PY's, but I guess things have changed since then.

It has changed from a high back in the days to the current pharm that I have going right now.

I'd love to see or even read what kind of setup DDTUNG have. He must have like a whole giant office pharm with at least 400 machines running (I already have about 250 running). Dang, that must be a huge office.

Anyone for pharm p0rn? :clap:

riptide
05-24-2006, 07:01 PM
I believe he's got some work and some personal. (Some is the wrong word!). But don't quote me on this.

Bok
05-24-2006, 07:35 PM
:allhail: DDTUNG

Bok :thumbs:

Absolute0
05-24-2006, 07:49 PM
:allhail: DDTUNG

Bok :thumbs:

Haha, spot on. Victor is one of a kind :cheers:

ddtung
05-24-2006, 07:51 PM
PY222 :thumbs:

My farm consists of 3 groups of PCs

1. Office P4s spread over 3 floors of the building that I work in. 3.0 and 3.2 HTs.
2. Bunch of OCed AMD DC rigs.
3. My old trusted Intel DX farm, mostly 2.4 M0s OCed to 3.4GHz.:)

Jose
06-19-2006, 09:31 AM
Incredible as it sounds PY and DDT have more crunching combined than some small ( and no so small) nations :allhail: :allhail: :allhail: :allhail: :allhail: :allhail:

PY22 and DDTUNG

:champagne