PDA

View Full Version : RieselSieve Down?

CaptainMooseInc
03-28-2006, 06:16 PM
It seems that www.rieselsieve.com is currently down.

Haven't been able to connect for some time now.

Seems maybe the discovery of a new prime has pushed the server into overload? :p

I think this is the second time the server has gone down after a new prime was found?

-Jeff

bryan[RS]
03-28-2006, 07:09 PM
Jeff,

While I wish it was a capacity issue, the site was temporarily down (unbeknownst to me) because a power failure & reboot didn't restart apache. I didn't find it until after dinner, but things are working fine now. The LLRNet server, on a completely different box, was unaffected, and has PLENTY of capacity. Just need to give Lee a little :bonk: about his PSU apparently.

Bryan
Stats Administrator
Riesel Sieve Project

CaptainMooseInc
03-28-2006, 07:34 PM
Hehe, yay it's back!!!

I just needed it cuz I'm working with cedric to make sure I'm P-1ing the best possible way.

bryan[RS]
03-28-2006, 08:08 PM
Now Jeff, this question has been asked and answered previously. Using an abacus to P-1 is not the "best possible way"! :rotfl:

CaptainMooseInc
03-28-2006, 09:29 PM
Heh yeah...I get too many hand cramps!

Anywayz I'm P-1ing now. I'm interested in seeing how my submitted factors are scored and whatnot. Did a 1000 range already but I think I did it with slightly low b2 parameters (4.0) so my new P-1 range is set for 5.0 on the b2 and 47 on the b1.

Now I've done all 3 aspects of RieselSieve with great ease, and guess what?

IT'S ALL STILL EASIER AND BETTER THAN SEVENTEEN OR BUST!!! :)

-Jeff

em99010pepe
06-05-2006, 06:21 PM
Is the server down?

Carlos

bryan[RS]
06-05-2006, 08:35 PM
Carlos,

Things do seem to be down. I'm not 100% sure of the cause, although it seems to be DNS related. Lee should be home in about 2.5 hours, so hopefully it will be short-lived. I know he was planning on moving the servers, I don't know if maybe things didn't get started up right before he went off to work.

I'll post when I have more info for you - sorry I don't have much right now.

Bryan
Stats Administrator
Riesel Sieve Project

bryan[RS]
06-05-2006, 11:59 PM
Yes, it was a DNS issue. Sorry - Lee and I have also worked out a new system for correcting this, if it happens again before this weekend. That's when Lee plans to move the server to their new home, and to a static ip address.

Bryan