PDA

View Full Version : Looking for online job while I deal with sleep apnea issue.

jasong
04-07-2006, 09:49 PM
Well, guys, I had my job for less than two weeks and decided the combination of fatigue from sleep apnea and having to run around for three hours was a problem, plus I didn't think my work was up to par because of my fatigue. So I'm unemployed until I can either lose a little weight or find a way to get my sleep machine to work(it would take a whole another topic to explain that one).

So, I've got a bunch of time on my hands and still want to make money.

Here's the thing: About a month ago I read in a thread about an online employment opportunity for anyone where you simply download tasks that are simple for a human but hard for a computer. You complete the task and receive "micropayments" for your work.

I would really like to be able to find that site again, so if anybody knows what I'm talking about and can supply the web address I would be very grateful.

CaptainMooseInc
04-07-2006, 10:42 PM
Know exactly what you're talking about...

Fake...fake...fake...fake...

99% of all "jobs" like that are fake and they require you to "pay" anywhere from $10-$50 to get an "information packet" (a .PDF file) by e-mail which will show you how to go about going about doing something or another to make money. You aren't actually paying money to get the info on working for them, but just that packet.

Trust me. I've spent hours upon hours digging through these things for a paper I did on "work-at-home" opportunities. I have yet to find a real one other than this one "Mystery Shopper" program that actually called me and wanted to pay me $12 to go in a deal with people for Eyeglass World and go through all this stupid stuff. So wasn't worth the money.

-Jeff

jasong
04-08-2006, 12:48 PM
Know exactly what you're talking about...

Fake...fake...fake...fake...

99% of all "jobs" like that are fake and they require you to "pay" anywhere from $10-$50 to get an "information packet" (a .PDF file) by e-mail which will show you how to go about going about doing something or another to make money. You aren't actually paying money to get the info on working for them, but just that packet.

Trust me. I've spent hours upon hours digging through these things for a paper I did on "work-at-home" opportunities. I have yet to find a real one other than this one "Mystery Shopper" program that actually called me and wanted to pay me $12 to go in a deal with people for Eyeglass World and go through all this stupid stuff. So wasn't worth the money.

-Jeff
I'm familiar with the schemes. When I was about twenty I spent a ton of money on that type of stuff, so I can spot 'em.

The thing is I never got a good look at the site because I had my job at the time. I just want to give it a proper once-over.

Trust me, if I find it again, or something similar, I will be VERY careful. If they ask for money I will back away immediately.

edorajh
04-09-2006, 03:42 PM
Hmmm... according to your description... isn't that a program that Amazon run...

Check it here...
http://distributedcomputing.info/ap-human.html#mturk

Best,
Edo

Fozzie
04-10-2006, 02:53 PM
offering a dog walking service or garden clearing, lawn mowing, odd jobs type work. You'll start earning some hard cash and lose weight whilst doing it.

The last thing you need is to spend time in sedentary tasks like surfing for money for nothing schemes.

Nothing helps you sleep better than being completely knackered after a good days work out in the open air.

em99010pepe
04-10-2006, 05:28 PM
Why don't you study at night?

Carlos

LAURENU2
04-10-2006, 05:31 PM
offering a dog walking service or garden clearing, lawn mowing, odd jobs type work. You'll start earning some hard cash and lose weight whilst doing it.

The last thing you need is to spend time in sedentary tasks like surfing for money for nothing schemes.

Nothing helps you sleep better than being completely knackered after a good days work out in the open air.

Fozzie that is the best plan I have heard offed Dog care shoppes and services are pooping :rotfl: up all over And it is coming into the green time of the year
And from what jasong has said about him self I to think he would benefit in more ways then one (( sleep, breathing, health, money, weight

dragongoddess
04-10-2006, 08:52 PM
So whats the deal with your C-Pac machine

jasong
04-11-2006, 12:04 AM
Hmmm... according to your description... isn't that a program that Amazon run...

Check it here...
http://distributedcomputing.info/ap-human.html#mturk

Best,
Edo
That's the one. Thanks a lot.

And, for those who are concerned about me, I do intend to be careful.

jasong
04-11-2006, 12:10 AM
So whats the deal with your C-Pac machine

Don't continue reading if you're eating, the explanation is mildly disgusting.

When I get in bed with my c-pap machine I start out on my back. The pressure of the machine is so much that after about 15 minutes my cheeks start move outwards. After I fall asleep, I generally roll over onto my side. When this happens, drool tends to fill the lower cheek. When I roll back, the drool is cold and wakes me up. Then I have to get up and clean my face in the bathroom before I go back to bed.

This all happens within about an hour, which isn't restful.

My mother gave me something to keep me on my back. I think it's the solution I need. It's a u-shaped pillow that I put under my head. It keeps me on my back, although I think it partially interferes with the blood flow in the back of my head. Not sure about that last part.

dragongoddess
04-11-2006, 02:03 PM
You need to use that machine if your falling asleep duringthe day. For me since I'm retired I just take naps. I also found that that little strip that goes on your nose helps to keep some passages open and makes sleeping easier for me. Cold air also seems to help quite a bit..

jasong
04-11-2006, 04:38 PM
You need to use that machine if your falling asleep duringthe day. For me since I'm retired I just take naps. I also found that that little strip that goes on your nose helps to keep some passages open and makes sleeping easier for me. Cold air also seems to help quite a bit...
The u-shaped pillow I mentioned works great. I've gone so long without a decent nights sleep that using the pillow for 3 or more hours a night is enough to get me through the day. I've even slept through the night(night before last).

Thanks for the concern. :)

jasong
04-12-2006, 04:21 PM
Just so you guys know, I still have my job. When I realized the problem of the sleep apnea was solved, I contacted the nice lady that hired me and told her. I probably looked a little stupid, since I had quit less than 48 hours before, but I'm glad I still have the job.