PDA

View Full Version : Server Up

Brian the Fist
06-29-2002, 10:56 AM
As some of you noticed, our server had a mild seizure around 4pm yesterday. This is extremely easy for me to correct and is just due to database corruption which occurs randomly every once and a while. This is why we are presently working on upgrading the back end to something more robust. Anyways, I can fix it as soon as I find out about it so don't panic. :scared: I still check this forum daily most of the time.

IronBits
06-29-2002, 11:33 AM
Give us a phone number to call, then you won't have to watch it ;) :D

willebenn
06-29-2002, 11:33 AM
Brian
Are the data sets submitted over the past 15 hours lost?
Or will they show up eventually?
With the latest stats update I'm missing about 140000+
:( :(

Richard Clyne
06-29-2002, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by IronBits
Give us a phone number to call, then you won't have to watch it ;) :D

and what about a helpline for those suffering serious stats withdrawal symptons stress due to the server being down. :D

Moogie
06-29-2002, 12:13 PM
Thanks for keeping us updated. :)

willebenn
06-29-2002, 12:14 PM
Yes, the number would only be used in true emergency situations like when I've fallen and can't get up or when I run out of beer
:jester:

Paratima
06-29-2002, 02:29 PM
:mad: The Bad News: Yep, your structures are gone, gone, gone.

:D The Good News: Just checked with the gummint, and your pension wasn't cut, your kids weren't threatened, and your job is just as secure (or not :rolleyes: ) as it was before.

Therefore: :cheers: Have a virtual beer and keep on foldin'.

FoBoT
06-29-2002, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by Paratima
keep on foldin'.

not until they fix the back end

random loss of 18 hours work is bad

willebenn
06-29-2002, 06:22 PM
Well
don't have a pension,
don't have any kids
and don't have a job
but
I'll sure have a beer anyway:cheers:
As for folding on, I will think about it for a while, what with wasteful weekly changes and a major fubar like this maybe I'll wait till this part is done.
But don't panic :bs:

Paratima
06-29-2002, 06:41 PM
The weekly changes are necessary, at the moment. They are a major yardstick (probably THE major yardstick) that determines if the science behind all this actually works. The backend server is another matter...

Every volunteer has the right to decide what constitutes the conditions under which he/she will or won't participate in any project.

Have another beer, anyhow. :cheers:

Too bad about the pension...