PDA

View Full Version : Rosetta now at Version 5.16

Thor
05-17-2006, 09:59 AM
From the Changelog:

Rosetta 5.16:

(1) We're continuing our efforts to reduce memory usage by typical workunits by rosetta@home. You can expect an even further reduction in memory footprint in our next update.

(2) We're testing a new science mode which uses the sequence and structural information from homologous proteins in an early phase of the simulation, but then returns to the target protein sequence in the final refinement phase. This mode appears to have a larger memory footprint than typical workunits, so we will only send out these jobs to computers that have >1Gb RAM.

(3) Also, we're trying a new feature where at the end of a simulation, Rosetta compares its fold to the predictions made by a dozen other algorithms. (Those predictions are sent to the clients in a compressed format.) Seeing consensus between different algorithms is usually a good sign that a prediction is right.

Shish
05-17-2006, 12:33 PM
Yes and Bonk has updated as well but be careful cos the new one don`t lika da Trux or Guntec mods. I had to do a new install for one of the home machines and adding the optimised clients to the new bonk brought up a dll file not found for the bonk manager.
Anyway, older clients are still on the download page and that`s me getting my official last supper but little do they know....I hava de plan for a takeaway.:cheers: :D :harhar: