PDA

View Full Version : Everybody prepared for the mother of all battles?

tralala
05-25-2006, 04:52 PM
Hi,

I wonder whether all team members know that there is a new optimized BOINC client out from crunch3r. It's Boinc 5.5.0 and beside the fact that it reports back results immediately (which will result in credit granted instantly after finishing a WU) it gives nice benchmarks as well.

I get these number for my Athlon 3000+ @2.4 GHZ;

Measured floating point speed 4179.59 million ops/sec
Measured integer speed 13702.13 million ops/sec

I think this even a bit better than what I got from truxoft and results in about 1k credit/day on Rosetta,

So please update to BOINC 5.5.0 (available for Windows and Linux) asap:

http://calbe.dw70.de/

Btw, are there any reserves left to counter XS's recent production increase? Have all ressources already be mobilized?

em99010pepe
05-25-2006, 05:03 PM
tralala,

All resources aren't mobilized to Rosetta. Right now we are crunching a lot of projects, a few fighting for TOP3.

Carlos

Bok
05-25-2006, 10:35 PM
I still get better results from the previous version (at least on a dualcore windows machine which is all I've tried the new one on) - anyone else getting better results with this new one ?

Bok

cMw
05-25-2006, 10:54 PM
I still get better results from the previous version (at least on a dualcore windows machine which is all I've tried the new one on) - anyone else getting better results with this new one ?

Bok
yea prolly best to stick with the old one :Pokes:
theres prolly a reason no one is using these..

tralala
05-26-2006, 04:55 AM
yea prolly best to stick with the old one :Pokes:
theres prolly a reason no one is using these..

Really? I see a lot people from XtremeSystems using 5.5.0. It probably depends but one should try it out. I got a slightly better bench with 5.5.0. Actually I just wanted to point out that people should check whether they are using the best client for their host.

rshepard
05-26-2006, 08:09 AM
I'm getting slightly better bencmarks with the new Boinc 5.4.9 as a base and running the 5.5.0 client on top of it. YMMV. :thumbs: