PDA

View Full Version : World Cup

Scoofy12
06-26-2006, 10:01 AM
We have a nice international crowd here, surely people are watching the world cup... even if nobody in THIS desolate backwards nation cares about real football :D

so... discuss!

(here's a starter.... did anyone catch portugal vs netherlands? 16 yellow cards in one game?!? :scared: )

Bok
06-26-2006, 10:13 AM
yup,

watched every game I could. And will be watching the Italy-Australia game today as well :)

Bok

em99010pepe
06-26-2006, 10:58 AM
Scoofy12,

I saw that game. :looney:

Carlos

Fozzie
06-26-2006, 12:28 PM
Portugal have gone as far as they are going to go.

We all know that much. :)

em99010pepe
06-26-2006, 12:59 PM
Portugal have gone as far as they are going to go.

We all know that much. :)

I hope you are right!
Still thinking in Euro 2004 and Euro 2000 ? :lmao:

I really don't like soccer, I prefer to watch racing car and cycling.

Carlos

the-mk
06-26-2006, 02:14 PM
I really don't like soccer, I prefer to watch racing car and cycling.

I don't like football or soccer (whatever you call it) too...

What kind of racing car do you prefer?

Did you see the Grand Prix in Montreal? Alonso did a nice win, but Kimi sucked at one curve, so Schumacher could overtake him :mad:

em99010pepe
06-26-2006, 02:17 PM
I don't like football or soccer (whatever you call it) too...

What kind of racing car do you prefer?

Did you see the Grand Prix in Montreal? Alonso did a nice win, but Kimi sucked at one curve, so Schumacher could overtake him :mad:

I prefer GT Series, MotoGP (moto racing), CART, basically everything that has a combustion motor!!! I don't give a damm about the hybrid motors, I like the sound on the motor....

Carlos

alpha
06-26-2006, 03:32 PM
the-mk/em99010pepe: you should check out the British Touring Car Championship if you haven't already, its really fun to watch.

As far as the World Cup goes I think Portugal are going to destroy us (England). I've watched every match that I could, though I'm going to miss the Brazil match tomorrow afternoon because it is a 16:00 kick off. Stupid working hours. :swear:

em99010pepe
06-26-2006, 05:30 PM
alpha,

Of course I know BTCC. I also like to watch DTM.
I played a lot of computer games like TOCA, GP2-3-4, Indycar Racing, Nascar, F1 99 and all the mods for the games. And you? Right now my father installed R-Factor with a few amazing mods: GT, Laguna Series, Porsche Cup, etc

http://www.rfactor.net/

http://www.rfactor.net/trailer.html------>>>>>just feel the force, all the big guys are there if you played racing games.

This thread is about soccer........back to it.
PORTUGAL, PORTUGAL:rock: :rock: :banana: :banana: :eek:

Bok,

Will Portugal beat England next saturday?

Carlos

QIbHom
06-27-2006, 12:25 AM
I'm so enjoying watching Ghana. An African team in the quarterfinals...it is about time!

Scoofy12
06-27-2006, 09:05 AM
I'm so enjoying watching Ghana. An African team in the quarterfinals...it is about time!

I'm with you. if the US had to be knocked out by a surprise performance by someone, i'm glad it was them. (i'm still annoyed how much we sucked, and don't even get me STARTED on that PK call :swear: ... but hey im happy for them)

unfortunately i still dont give them a chance against brazil but hey, they had a great run

Shish
06-27-2006, 01:23 PM
Being from Geordieland with several fanatic fans in the house, I`m still not ashamed to say I have little interst in the football though I did watch the last dismal England game. I have always preferred F1 and still have memories and mementoes of a visit to one of the top teams headquarters and some subsequent races due to my involvement with both radio and networking.
I have enjoyed some clips tho` of the lesser teams and rooted for them (or as the long time argument goes....I didn`t rout(er) for them...:lmao: ) and as one of the terrible twins is stuck in French Guiana just now, my recording of almost everything on tv and satellite has come in useful despite the organisation she works with having some out of this world facilities and equipment. Silly peeps have a 10Mb limit on emails tho. so the stuff has had to be compressed a fair bit. Still, I believe some very large displays and data processing equipment have been put to good use whilst normally idle with some good audiences :rotfl:

em99010pepe
07-01-2006, 07:50 PM
alpha,

Watch this video about rfactor:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3473475624338885637&q=rfactor

More videos:

http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=rfactor

Carlos

Nexus
07-03-2006, 07:36 AM
Couple of observations,

1) The Germans are faultless at penalty shootouts.
2) Brazil probably thought they had the tournament in the bag and went easy against France.
3) The Aussies really got the worst of the refereeing. Everyone but the Italians say so.

edorajh
07-03-2006, 04:52 PM
3) The Aussies really got the worst of the refereeing. Everyone but the Italians say so.

I agree with you. Refereeing in the Australia - Italy was really terrible. And I think referees made some serious errors when you played with Croatia. You guys play nice football and you did deserve to go further.

Edo

em99010pepe
07-04-2006, 05:26 PM
Italy is in the final.

Carlos

edorajh
07-04-2006, 05:33 PM
Excellent game and two really nice goals. Congrats to Italy!

I told you it will be Italy - Portugal in final. :cheers:

Shish
07-04-2006, 11:59 PM
Feel a bit sorry for the Germans (specially as the wifes father is one more or less and I`ve got several in the family otherwise) but the Italians sure stuck it to them at the death and 2 lovely goals was the reward cos all the players worked hard for the match.
The scenes of the hosts players so desolate at the end were enough to break your heart though, whatever nationality you were.
Anyway, I enjoyed a couple bottles of Becks (illegally you might say) and had some of the stalwarts watching with me, including a couple of Ozzer sheilas who were still patriotic but very enthusiastic over the game.
But the oddest supporter was a Sud Afrikaans theatre sister who is an ardent Juventus fan for some strange reason and got told off for leaping down the stairs and out the front entrance screaming her joy.......strange people these furriners....

em99010pepe
07-05-2006, 05:15 PM
France goes to final.

Carlos

edorajh
07-05-2006, 05:40 PM
Yup. Yesterday's game was much more fun to watch than this one.

So, who will be World Champ?

My vote goes to Italy.

Edo

Scoofy12
07-05-2006, 09:48 PM
poll added. prognosticate away
i'd give italy the edge as well, but it's anyone's game. should be good.

alpha
07-07-2006, 06:10 PM
alpha,

Watch this video about rfactor:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3473475624338885637&q=rfactor

Looks pretty fun! Not my kind of thing really though. I've tried getting into games like this but always have more fun driving my own car in the real world. :)

I like watching WRC and BTCC when I can though.

em99010pepe
07-09-2006, 04:37 PM
Italy wins the final.

Scoofy12
07-10-2006, 12:25 AM
pretty good game. always a shame when it comes down to PKs, though.

and zidane... :confused: what was he thinking...

hehe i would love to have heard whatever it was the dude said to him that set him off :rotfl:

PY 222
07-10-2006, 12:13 PM
and zidane... :confused: what was he thinking...

He probably wanted to retire AHEAD of his game. :jester:

Scoofy12
07-10-2006, 11:39 PM
"deciding the world cup by penalty kicks is like the nba finals being decided by a game of horse" - colbert report