PDA

View Full Version : Could you please list sieving depth in main thread?

jasong
07-02-2006, 08:40 PM
It would be very helpful if someone could get in the habit of listing sieving depth in the p-1 reservation thread, and it would be fantastic if they could update it about once a month. Omboohankvald's tutorial lists it as 49.5, but I have no idea how accurate that is.

vjs
07-03-2006, 02:32 AM
It's updated every 6 hours on Mikes all things sieve page. 49.5 is still pretty valid.

Nuri
07-03-2006, 03:29 AM
I agree, 49.5 would not be too far away. The risk here (although with low probability) is that you may end up finding a low p factor, and find out it was submitted by a siever a couple of days ago.

50 would also be fine, as there is less than 70T left unsieved below 2^50.

Still, if you want to be precise, you can go for 49.9. There is only 10.4T left unfinished below that point.

Please also note that, at the sieve depth we're at, 2^0.1 increase should take a couple of months.

jasong
07-03-2006, 10:15 AM
If I may, I'd like to add another, kind of minor, annoyance.

On the submission page, I discovered that the factor and kn problem refused to stay on the same line. Now, I haven't been able to experiment to see what works and what doesn't, but this could confuse someone just starting out.

vjs
07-03-2006, 11:04 AM
I don't really understand what you mean by factor and k/n pair refuse to stay on same line.

You you paste what you see in the window here or make an example?

jasong
07-03-2006, 11:36 AM
I don't really understand what you mean by factor and k/n pair refuse to stay on same line.

You you paste what you see in the window here or make an example?
Sure.

The window for submitting factors is a certain width. When I attempt to submit factors, the width of the window causes the factor to be on one line and the equation to be on the next, like so:

[____________________________________]<--approx. width of window
55459*2^12050050+1
I try to put the factor and equation on the same line, but the equation defaults to the next line(Don't know if it does the same thing in Linux)

engracio
07-04-2006, 07:13 AM
Sure.

The window for submitting factors is a certain width. When I attempt to submit factors, the width of the window causes the factor to be on one line and the equation to be on the next, like so:

I try to put the factor and equation on the same line, but the equation defaults to the next line(Don't know if it does the same thing in Linux)

Jasong,

I've found several factors similar to what you have, you MUST submit those factors on the largesieve submission page. There is a link on the regular submission page how to get there. If I submit a factor and the regular submission page rejects it, I would normally try to resubmit it on the largesieve submission page.

http://www.seventeenorbust.com/largesieve/

e