PDA

View Full Version : Can't get Outlook to send mail

jasong
08-13-2006, 06:02 PM
This is the message I get when I hit "Send/Receive.":

The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server. The rejected e-mail address was 'jiongsun@yahoo.com'. Subject 'primorial prime search reservation', Account: 'mail.conwaycorp.net', Server: 'mail.conwaycorp.net', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1)', Port: 465, Secure(SSL): Yes, Server Error: 553, Error Number: 0x800CCC79
The thing that really confuses me is I've sent mail with a typo before, meaning no one was going to receive it, and I never got this message.

I don't send a lot of email, so I've managed to survive with this problem for a few weeks, but now I'm getting frustrated.

Delk
08-13-2006, 10:14 PM
You'll have to contact your isp. That error is trying to say that the smtp relay your using wont accept mail destined for yahoo.com. It may be a config error if that is meant to be the isp relay or they may have a new smtp relay that you need to use for outbound mail.

PCZ
08-14-2006, 01:54 AM
Jasong

Your ISP rejected the mail because you didn't authenticate.
Most ISP's these days require authentication on outgoing mail.

If you are using outlook express.

Tools, Accounts, Mail tab.
Highlight the account you use.
Properties, Server tab.
Put a tick in My Server requires authentication.
Click the settings tab.
Select
use the same settings as my incoming mail server.

If you are using outlook the procedure is similar.
Start with the mail icon in control panel.

Note:
You may find that you can send outgoing mail without error if you have just done a send/receive, this is because you remain authenticated for a few minutes after authing to receive your mail.

jasong
08-14-2006, 07:00 PM
Thanks, PCZ, problem solved.