PDA

View Full Version : What happened Lauren?

Bok
09-12-2006, 06:56 PM
Looks like your output has dropped almost to nothing from a peak of 100M a week or so ago? Problems?

Bok :cheers:

jasong
09-12-2006, 07:25 PM
He might have just turned off intermediate updates. Remember, even though he has a lot of firepower, first-pass work units tend to be approximately the same length. So, say, if you had 100 machines all started at once on first pass, and turned off intermediate block turn in, your score would fluctuate day-to-day for the first month or two.

LAURENU2
09-13-2006, 01:48 AM
A few problem Power supply's burning out, Crashes, And today I even melted down the transformer for the hole block Power back now and I almost have it all rebooted But the nodes startup with DPAD I will have to go point the nodes back by hand and see how much work was lost
That relay SUCKS that they made the Work units so long And not a good at saving done work.

It will take another day to get back on track

IronBits
09-13-2006, 01:58 AM
:scared: :bang: :swear:

Fozzie
09-13-2006, 05:20 AM
you should never have to lose a work unti mate.

PCZ pointed me towards a great link and I have recovered all mine that the SoB client/Windoze mislaid.

As long as you don't delete anything you can recover them. :thumbs:

gopher_yarrowzoo
09-13-2006, 05:54 PM
You Smoked the 'former for the block - ophs! *quietly walks away whistling*
I knew you had firepower didn't think it was erm literal FIREpower :rotfl:
:thumbs: and let's get a rolling to :stomp: some :cow:

riptide
09-13-2006, 07:43 PM
Yep. When he crashes... da whole neighbourhood goes with him. Nice work. Lauren, you should get all your work back by navigating to the cache entries in the registry. Then just change the n values to the zXXXXX filename. And also look at the SB website to match this up with your k numbers to input the k numbers into the cache entry too! :thumbs: (I think I'm on the right track here :looney: ) But since i reckon you may have 30-40 machines on this... maybe someone else has a better idea.

EDIT: This help? http://www.free-dc.org/forum/showthread.php?t=7434

BTW Are you sure that the clients does not just simply start back where it stopped... ie from cache?

LAURENU2
09-14-2006, 12:26 AM
Well doing reedit on 60 nodes to to save a 1/2 year of computer time is beyond what I want to do for a project .
I hold the project makers up to public judgment for writing such bad software that is not smart enough to start up where it stooped at