PDA

View Full Version : SBQueue Version 0.21

Ken_g6[TA]
10-22-2006, 08:05 PM
I've just posted a new version of SBQueue on my site (see the link in my sig.) It has one bugfix, and one new feature.

The bugfix is for a problem I'd seen for awhile, but I couldn't pin down until Meep found the problem back in this thread (http://www.free-dc.org/forum/showthread.php?t=11530). So thanks, Meep!:thumbs:

The new feature is something I've had requested before, but I never got around to until now. You can now manually add a K and N to your queue! It says "K,N", but you can insert any two numbers, such as copying from an existing SBQueue window "K = 55459; N = 6877426". SBQueue will also check the K and warn you if it's not one of the eight currently being tested by Seventeen or Bust.

Edit: Fixed the thread link.

Joh14vers6
10-23-2006, 07:18 AM
']I've just posted a new version of SBQueue on my site (see the link in my sig.) It has one bugfix, and one new feature.

The bugfix is for a problem I'd seen for awhile, but I couldn't pin down until Meep found the problem back in this thread. So thanks, Meep!:thumbs:

The new feature is something I've had requested before, but I never got around to until now. You can now manually add a K and N to your queue! It says "K,N", but you can insert any two numbers, such as copying from an existing SBQueue window "K = 55459; N = 6877426". SBQueue will also check the K and warn you if it's not one of the eight currently being tested by Seventeen or Bust.
I see that the new feature is not possible from the commandline.
Also makes this new feature it easier to crunch an illegal high n. Besides that you have to update SBQueue everytime a prime is found.

P.S. The link "this thread" above is incorrect.

Ken_g6[TA]
10-23-2006, 10:18 AM
I see that the new feature is not possible from the commandline.Actually, it has been for years. It just required another program, "SBServer (http://home.att.net/~k.brazier/programs/java/sbserver/)", to serve the blocks to SBQueue. I thought about adding this at the command line, but I figured command-line users were nerdy^H^H^H^H^Hcapable of using SBServer.

Also makes this new feature it easier to crunch an illegal high n.Not much. When there's SBServer, as well as a stickied thread that shows you how to change K and N (http://www.free-dc.org/forum/showthread.php?t=7434), it's not that hard to figure out.

Besides that you have to update SBQueue everytime a prime is found.Re-read the license. I don't have to do anything!:neener:

But seriously, that feature is just to make sure you don't mis-enter the K you wanted. If we were adding K's, I'd probably do it, but since we're removing them I don't plan to.

Death
03-28-2007, 04:25 AM
so SBQueue can't connect thru proxy ((((

Ken_g6[TA]
05-06-2007, 06:42 PM
so SBQueue can't connect thru proxy ((((Not yet. I have a half-done version on my machine that will be able to. I've been so busy with paying work that it's been half-done for about six months.

I'm a contractor, and I may be getting a "vacation" soon. (Read: no work.) So I'll tentatively plan to work on this.

Thanks for the reminder. :)

Death
06-07-2007, 03:05 AM
is there any progress over proxy-able version?