PDA

View Full Version : Congrats Justemazing

Fozzie
11-11-2006, 06:36 AM
on your first 1T.

:cheers: :thumbs:

JustEmazing
11-15-2006, 11:23 AM
heh....Thanks Foz! Trying to figure out where I can best run SoB. And where to run DPAD. I may have to just switch to SoB since I don't have that many windoze boxen anymore. Are we ramping up for anything in particular these days?

jasong
11-15-2006, 05:11 PM
Are we ramping up for anything in particular these days?
The Cows are coming after us in Rosetta, which is a BOINC project. When my SOB unit finishes, I'm going to join them.

JustEmazing
11-15-2006, 08:31 PM
Thanks jasong. I thought BOINC was basically for Windoze? I really don't have any winblows boxen left (except my laptop and an old machine)

CaptainMooseInc
11-15-2006, 09:24 PM
I was gonna give BOINC a try again the other day and it FAILED to work for me for RieselSieve (was gonna go back to it after our SoB push but non-LLRNet).

I think I'm done trying BOINC forever. It has never been nice to me ever and so I've given it a try once a year. Not worth my time anymore.

You're not missing out Juste

-Jeff

alpha
11-16-2006, 04:00 AM
I thought BOINC was basically for Windoze?

Nope, it is open source. I'm even running it natively on FreeBSD with no problems.

Any problems I've ever had with BOINC have been down to the project that I was running. BOINC is a pretty solid and sophisticated piece of software and it often gets falsely blamed due to poor project management.