PDA

View Full Version : Some AMD Folding Speed/Protein stats...

TheWeatherMan
07-14-2002, 10:58 AM
I have been gathering stats on the different CPU's for a while now.
This morning I put a little of it into a future HTML page I'll be posting soon with a link on the site. Right now the link I'm providing here is not on the web site... yet.
I am still trying to gather csv stats files from those of you who are folding with Intel CPU's ... If you're folding with Intel CPU's then please zip the csv file if you have one and email it to me. I have a few now with Intel info, but I would like more before posting an Intel page.

This current page is AMD only...
Some of the points per day info might surprise you.
Stanfords calculation for something fairly even across the board works sometimes, and at other times is a gross error as you will notice. I tried to pick proteins I had several of because I am averaging the times to get a more accurate representation of how long a certain CPU takes to finish a frame. Just taking the fastest frame for a protein will not give you a good idea as to how long a frame really takes. There are sometimes very wide swings and this will give you a false reading of points per day because they were not averaged. Most of these have more than 1 sample. The newer proteins I don't have as much info on. Almost all of the CPU's are dedicated to just folding. The 1333 is the one I work on most of the time so its speeds are close to what a normal box might show at that speed and with normal use. Reading EMail, surfing the web, things like that.

Here's the link: http://www.em-dc.com/foldspeed.html

Enjoy! :D

TheWeatherMan
07-14-2002, 04:01 PM
I just posted some P4, P3, and Celeron info mixed in with the AMD stats.
Makes for some interesting reading. ;)

Glad I'm an AMD kinda guy! :D

Paratima
07-14-2002, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by TheWeatherMan
Glad I'm an AMD kinda guy! :D Ha! I bet you are, given the numbers posted. ;)

If you have the info, what mommaboards were used with the AMDs?

TheWeatherMan
07-14-2002, 05:04 PM
Tha'ts beyond the scope of the program...
But, almost every MB/CPU combo is different...

TheWeatherMan
07-19-2002, 12:44 PM
I updated the AMD/Intel protein speed data page with some more data.

See how your system compares here:

http://home.attbi.com/~wxdude1/emsite/foldspeed.html

If you are saving your data with EM and haven't sent me your csv file, please zip it up and send it in. I really need more data on the faster AMD chips and the faster Intel stuff...

Thanks! :D

IronBits
07-19-2002, 06:45 PM
Nice work ! :thumbs: