PDA

View Full Version : Free Non-working Dual 2.0MP MB

Merlin45
01-24-2007, 03:24 PM
I have a dual 2.0MP MB/Processors/heatsinks/fans for the taking.

It is non-working, 3 or 4 bad caps on motherboard by the #1 Processor.
Easy to replace, but I dont have the time anymore to fiddle with it.

Board will post, and very rarely boot. It mostly hangs when detecting the Processors.

Board is a Gigabyte GA-7DPXDW-P Socket type A
Processors are both Athlon 2.0XP's L5 jumper shorted to run as mp's

Any takers.

Both Processors are good along with their heatsinks and fans.

Reply if interested.

Bok
01-24-2007, 04:38 PM
Jeff,

did you have any luck with the replacement I sent you?

Bok

Merlin45
01-24-2007, 11:02 PM
Nope, the processor is burned in so tight that the contacts on the back of the PC board are melted.

I tired everything to remove the processor, no luck.
But the other 2.4 that was on there is put to use, it replaced a 1.8 that I just gave away....

n7vxj
01-25-2007, 08:35 AM
Merlin, I will take it off your hands if you still have it! I'm getting ready to quit smoking after 25 years, and that will be a good project for me to keep myself occupied for a bit, once I quit!

Merlin45
01-25-2007, 12:04 PM
Merlin, I will take it off your hands if you still have it! I'm getting ready to quit smoking after 25 years, and that will be a good project for me to keep myself occupied for a bit, once I quit!

Just PM me your address and I will get it removed from case and shipped.
I even believe I still have the orginal box and manual for it along with the RAID drivers

There might even be ram with it, depends if I can find any laying around not being used...............

Merlin45
01-25-2007, 11:36 PM
MB is gone..........................

LAURENU2
01-25-2007, 11:55 PM

Try Freezing it with a can of air duster held up side down and use a toothpick as a wedge When it gets frosty tap the toothpicks to wedge the CPU out

Merlin45
01-27-2007, 10:52 AM
Yep, I did the Mr Freeze:fridge: trick too..... Still wouldnt budge......

n7vxj
01-27-2007, 11:14 AM
w00t!! Another cruncher for my little tiny farm!!!Now maybe I will be able to make some real progress in proteins@home!!! :banana: :rotfl: