PDA

View Full Version : Windows SS Builder -FATAL ERROR-

scattered
07-17-2002, 11:31 AM
There is a fatal error with the windows screen saver version of the protien builder since the most recent update/release.

I originally did just a reinstall, but I have also done a complete clean install (uninstall, redownload, reinstall). I think there are missing but required files that were not built into the windows screen saver build.

When the saver loads, it passes the auto update detection process, appears to want to load up the initial files, then errors with a fatal error:

========================[ Jul 17, 2002 10:23 AM ]========================
ERROR: [001.008] {trajtools.c, line 92} CheckMD5: File not found C:\PROGRA~1\DISTRI~1\toph19_eef1.inp
ERROR: [001.008] {trajtools.c, line 92} CheckMD5: File not found C:\PROGRA~1\DISTRI~1\toph19_eef1.inp
FATAL ERROR: [001.012] {foldtrajlite.c, line 4028} File failed checksum C:\PROGRA~1\DISTRI~1\toph19_eef1.inp

-----------

I have checked and the file, 'toph19_eef1.inp' does NOT appear in the required directory. I would assume there are other required files, but it errors on this one.

Someone might want to check this!

Thanx.

-Mike

High Jumbllama
07-17-2002, 11:44 AM
Same thing here after loading the libraries on 98SE. Thankfully most of the clients I use are text cliens as a service on Win2K systems.

Brian the Fist
07-17-2002, 01:56 PM
If you manually downloaded the screensaver yesterday (i.e. NOT auto-update) there was indeed a file missing when you run setup.exe that doesnt get copied over. It has already been fixed though so if you download it now or if your screensaver auto-updated it will be fine.
I attached the missing file to this message too, just remove the .txt extension (so the name is toph19_eef1.inp) and put it in the directory you installed the screensaver to. Sorry about that.

High Jumbllama
07-17-2002, 02:43 PM
Thanks! :thumbs:

scattered
07-17-2002, 03:12 PM
Great quick reply.

However, FYI- the auto-update does not seem to download the missing file.

The user base (IMHO) that would be likely to run the screen saver version might not know how to fix the error if the auto-update doesn't work. We hope they would come back to the site and redownload, but I thoguht it worth mentioning.

It would be interesting to know what the stats of users (not necessarily computers) that run the screen saver vs. the client version. As the user base grows due to increased publicity of the program, and the avg joe user gains interest, I think those stats will change. It then gets more crucial in making sure the updates work appropriately in order to keep the stats acurate and maintain consistant program growth.

Anyway, I did do a redownload and install, the file appears, and the folding process seems to work fine.

Thanx!
-Mike

Brian the Fist
07-18-2002, 01:49 PM
Nope, Im pretty sure the screensaver auto-update worked fine. The problem was in setup.exe. Can anyone verify this?