PDA

View Full Version : URLs and IPs that the client needs to connect to?

Scotttheking
07-21-2002, 07:27 PM
One of my machines (soon to be more then one) has a bug where DNS lookups does not work, and there's really nothing I can do it fix it.
What I need to do is setup my hosts file to work around the bug.
Can I get the URLs and their corresponding IPs addresses so that I can make this work?

Thx,

Scott

McGoff
07-22-2002, 07:08 AM
set up a small lan web server on one of the machines that has no problem and have the other ones update from it the damons and instructions are on the download page
I set this up on my home network and am waiting for the next update to see if all works (it should as the current updates have downloaded to my server but are not needed as yet)

McGoff

edit: just realised you need to connect to the main servers to see if an update is need :(

Scotttheking
07-22-2002, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by McGoff
set up a small lan web server on one of the machines that has no problem and have the other ones update from it the damons and instructions are on the download page
I set this up on my home network and am waiting for the next update to see if all works (it should as the current updates have downloaded to my server but are not needed as yet)

McGoff

edit: just realised you need to connect to the main servers to see if an update is need :(

I also need to be able to send completed work...

Scotttheking
07-27-2002, 12:02 AM
Brian, can I get that info?

Brian the Fist
07-27-2002, 11:58 AM
I cannot give you a complete list of sites as they will change over time, especially as we add mirrors. The critical sites for now are

www.distributedfolding.org
ftp.mshri.on.ca
anteaterX.distributedfolding.org where X is a number from one to infinity.. (but all will point to the same IP)

Anyways, just ping them of course to get the IPs.