PDA

View Full Version : Server Down Again?

Paratima
07-31-2002, 08:48 PM
Just taking a look around... WHADDAYAKNOW? Nobody on my entire team had an update in the last hour! Am I the only one who finds this suspicious? :confused:

Chinasaur
07-31-2002, 08:54 PM
Suspicious?

SUSPICIOUS?

Yer DAMN RIGHT it's suspicious...

BUT!!...

That's exactly what THEY want us to be.... :mad:

::Chinasaur looks around...crawls back into his dark corner of #lobby, opens the hatch to his secret tunnel and crawls inside..shutting the hatch behind him...::

Paratima
07-31-2002, 09:07 PM
China, sometimes I get the idea you are maybe a couple sandwiches short of a full picnic. Know what I mean? :eek:

Paratima
07-31-2002, 09:31 PM
FALSE ALARM! SORRY!!

We evidently just had a good update following a bad one. Seems we are still getting random long delays on the server.

Just edgey over all the funny business of the last day or so. :crazy: I'll just go and have a lie-down, now.

PY 222
07-31-2002, 09:52 PM
I'm wondering. Have you been taking the medication that your doctor ordered?

Bad boy! :spank:

Mikus
08-02-2002, 03:20 PM
Recently my fileset uploads have worked, but when the 7/30 protein started, I had
multiple instances of time-outs, accompanied by error message [010.003] {taskapi.c, line 1199} [ReadServerResponse] Timeout waiting for response, got 0 chars.

Looking at my communication line indicators, in the time-out instances (after the fileset 'send' completed), *neither* the 'send' nor the 'recv' indicator had any subsequent activity, and my distributed folding client timed out after about 140 seconds.

Maybe the client time-out interval should be increased, particularly when structures get built quickly and thus many filesets per unit time need to be reported.

Paratima
08-02-2002, 06:46 PM
That's why we're all waiting (some more patiently than others, he said, blushing) for the new backend. With that in place, hopefully this month, we should see VERY few timeouts occuring. Probably none. :)

Then we'll have to find something else to be crabby about.

Stardragon
08-06-2002, 09:29 AM
Unfortunately, there isn't much we can do at the moment to prevent time-outs. There are so many of you fine folks trying to upload results, that we're just overwhelmed :p

The backend is coming REALLY soon, so we appreciate your patience and dedication in the meantime.

RipItUp
08-09-2002, 06:52 PM
The reason why everyone is uploading is the default number of structures for this protein is 2000, but it is a fast protein anyway, for whatever reason and also, added to that, a lot more people are running -rt in the bat file.

You need to make this a 5 or 10 000 ipload, or does that take 2.5 or 4 times as long to upload as 2000 ?

Regards
Andy