PDA

View Full Version : Home Networking Problem

LiberMan
01-29-2008, 02:40 AM
For about 2 weeks now, my home network (for lack of a better description) has been locking up on me. The network seems to just disappear as none of the computers can see each other or access the internet. Unplugging and resetting the switch gets it going again. I have a completely wired network, nothing wireless.

I’ve replaced the switch 3 times with different models, no improvement. I swapped the cable modem (Charter Cable) for a new one, no improvement. I tried 3 different 4-port routers, no improvement. Last night, I picked up a new 8 port router and eliminated going thru a switch, it still does the same “lock up.”

I have 6 computers and laptops connected to the network. All are running Folding@Home 24/7.

Anyone have any idea how to trouble shoot this? In the back of my mind, I’m wondering if it’s Charter Cable doing it because I have 6 machines attached? Better question, how would they know anyway since I’m behind a router?

Thoughts, comments, suggestions? Thanks.

Shish
01-29-2008, 12:31 PM
More likely Winders if that's what you're running, or the number of connects you have with IE. Loads of answers, a bit more specifics and one of us should come up with the answer.