PDA

View Full Version : Message in error.log (are clients working?)

Robor
08-18-2002, 03:52 AM
What is this (from error.log) ???? I searched the bugs and on Google and came up empty.

========================[ Aug 17, 2002 10:27 AM ]========================
ERROR: [000.000] {foldtrajlite.c, line 1427} Error parsing foldtraj_fileserver.cfg
*SNIPPED*
NO RESPONSE FROM SERVER - WILL TRY AGAIN LATER
ERROR: [000.000] {foldtrajlite.c, line 1427} Error parsing foldtraj_fileserver.cfg

I installed 8 DF clients at work today as a service and I don't think they're working because of this error. I was screwing around with the autoupdate proxy but couldn't get it working right but I forgot and left the foldtraj_fileserver.cfg file in my install directory and used that on all 8 DF clients at work. My (very limited) understanding is that file points clients to a local update server (which I didn't get working) and if it's not availabe the clients do not seek an update. Seeing this error I VPN'ed into work and renamed the foldtraj_fileserver.cfg to foldtraj_fileserver.bak.

What happens? Did I do the right thing? Do I need to stop/restart the service on the clients or will they figure out that the local update proxy isn't there now and do their updates?

Thanks!