PDA

View Full Version : Electron Microscope III v1.9.6 (Update)

TheWeatherMan
08-30-2002, 02:49 PM
Quite a few changes I have finally finished.
A couple of them were requests that have been waiting for a while also. Enjoy! :D

What's New in Version 1.9.6
Number of stored Work Units Indicator.
Altered 5 view window.
EM client.cfg viewer updated.
Scroll Wheel movement reversed.
Scroll Wheel control added to bar graph scrolling.
Log file view button added.
Fixed Number of Frames visible bug.
Ignore Network Timeout (changed).
Assume Internet Connection Exists (changed).

If you have work units that have not been sent, there is now an indicator (blue circle with number) that shows the number of work units waiting to be sent. If there are none waiting, you will see nothing. This information updates when the frames completed count updates. This information can be seen in all window views.

The 5 view window will now show time remaining instead of the CPU type and Speed displayed in previous versions.

I updated the client.cfg file viewer to include the new fields. Not all fields can be edited. Only those fields that can are added or changed when you save the data. Also, if you make changes, some of them may not "take" if the folding client is running when you save the changes. It updates the file for some reason when it closes. Odd way to behave in my opinion, but it may be trying to keep things straight.

I reversed the direction the items move when using the scroll wheel... had it backwards from most other applications. I didn't really notice as it works like a lot of flight sims I've flown... anyway, it should move things as you would expect now. I also added wheel support so you can scroll the proteins in your bar graph. Just hold the mouse over the protein names area and move the wheel.

Many users have asked for a log file viewer. I could handle that internally except when the log file gets bigger than about 32,000 bytes, then it would only load a partial log file. I decided that EM would copy the file to the EM folder and launch what ever program you use to view your text files and let the OS handle the size problem by switching from notepad to wordpad when needed. This will allow you to view the log files on your network without going to the other computers to read them.

Sometimes when deleting a box reference or moving one up and down in the list, the number of frames completed would not be visible. This has been fixed.

Ignore Network Timeout and Assume Internet Connection Exists check box function has been changed. These two items are checked by folks who don't understand their intent. Ignoring a network timeout tells the program to keep checking, not to ignore the connection. EM will automatically disable checking a network connection if it fails even one time. You then have to manually reconnect it by double clicking the little red computer monitor icon. Assuming that an internet connection exists will cause EM to wait forever if one doesn't. It's doing exactly what you told it to do... Assume it is there. When you put a check in either one of these boxes, EM will only remember their settings for the current session. It will not remember nor will it now turn those settings on when you restart EM. I've had more posts with people having problems with this than any other... except maybe the "stealth mode" feature.

Get it here: http://www.em-dc.com

http://www.em-dc.com/images/latestem.jpg