PDA

View Full Version : Ether waves as he passes Alpha and leaves dust in his wake!

ether
09-02-2002, 11:46 AM
ether waves as he passes alpha and leaves dust in his wake!
8-)
(Yeah, like he has anything to brag about. All he has is one brother-in-law cast off and two old computers that he salvaged from the scrap heap. He is lucky he has the computing power
to send e-mail and get to this message board.) 8-)

Alpha_7
09-02-2002, 11:53 AM
I was trying to slipstream behind you ether.... but you've accerated away... I'll catch up... some way, some how...

hope alpha noes to get out of the way.. or I might clip him with all that dust you stirred up :D

alpha
09-02-2002, 12:26 PM
Heh, I'm being outproduced by both of you, by more than I would care to mention :) I only have two boxes folding, I don't stand a chance. I've got an idle 1.3GHz OpenBSD machine, which DF will not run on. *sigh*

Alpha_7
09-02-2002, 12:31 PM
Cheer Up.. its not all bad news...

I only have 3 boxes and that only temporary as one is being given away...(aren't I nice... some kids need it for home work etc)

and atm.. I have to babysit my main box because the client crashes 1-4 times an hour..

I have it uploading every 1000 structs just so I can get some of them to count...

why can't u get DF on your other machine ?

alpha
09-02-2002, 12:40 PM
None of the clients work on OpenBSD. For some reason, one of the Linux clients got as far as beginning to fold but died on the first structure. It isn't my box anyway, so it isn't like my own hardware is going to waste. I wouldn't stand for that ;)

Over the last few updates I've actually been keeping ether at bay, but I feel he may go beyond my reach after the next..

Its very noble of you to give a box to kids, just make sure it continues to fold :D

Chinasaur
09-02-2002, 06:25 PM
Good competition :)

:cheers:

pfb
09-03-2002, 01:02 AM
/me tries to get my p4 to go faster

just gotta stay ahead....all these people with multiple installs - pah!

just a shame my 1 install was out of action for 24 hours...oh well, it's running now...

you'll never catch me :p

ether
09-03-2002, 09:50 AM
Alpha 7
Congrats on getting to the first page of the stats.
Isn't the air cleaner up here?
Watch out for that other alpha when you go to pass, he looked me over with fire in his eyes when I went by him.

(Psst, pfb look in your rear view, that cloud of dust you see is me):D

ether

alpha
09-03-2002, 10:57 AM
I'm actually just helping out on this fast protein. After the protein change today, I'm going back to ECCp until the project ends (should be soon). After that, I may return to SETI, its concept has re-grasped me :)

If I planned on sticking around, do you think I would let you all go past me so hastily? :D

Alpha_7
09-03-2002, 11:32 AM
I'm just here to help out as well... I heard the call go out for some extra boxen and am doing what I can...its not much... but even a little is more then nothing.

Hopefully I can get my stability issues sorted I've got 2 boxen crashing on me now.. in two different ways :(

alpha
09-03-2002, 12:04 PM
Is there anything we can do to help you with the unstable boxen? If you can't fix it, there's bound to be someone with some ideas if you post the details.

Hmm, according to my timezone conversion calculations, we have less than two hours before the protein change. Time to dump/flush/whatever :)

ether
09-03-2002, 12:45 PM
Well, I'm just here to help also. I also am going back to eccp.
I crunch eccp under the handle "FireCracker".

ether

alpha
09-03-2002, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by ether
Well, I'm just here to help also. I also am going back to eccp.
I crunch eccp under the handle "FireCracker".

ether

I see you are in the position below me. That is where you shall stay. Your P4 won't save you in ECCp :moon: ;) I've secretly got my eyes on IronBits in the not-so-distant-distance. Beware :D