PDA

View Full Version : Do you still need us?

Tax Bracket
09-04-2002, 04:36 AM
Do you guys still need us to fold or can we shuffle back to different projects now the fast protein is gone.

:)

IronBits
09-04-2002, 10:13 AM
<sniff>If ya must go, ya must go. <sniff>
Thanks for all the help! :cheers:

Chinasaur
09-04-2002, 08:53 PM
TaxBracket,

We'd love for you to stay until next week..but I understand that you want to get back to your home project.

I personally committed to paying back cycles to the projects that helped us.

So which project is your home? And anyone else who helped who wants some payback cycles?

Alpha_7
09-04-2002, 11:13 PM
Seti is my home project... but I'm enjoying the vacation so I am sticking around... how long will this *slower* protien be around ?

Paratima
09-04-2002, 11:29 PM
how long will this *slower* protien be around ? Until next Monday, which is the end of the CASP5 series. Then we'll get one that we can work on for a month or two or three. It all depends on what Howard and the project admins decide.

As for the protein itself, it could be faster, slower, or about the same. :D

Anyway, we're glad you're here. Stick around as long as you like!

Alpha_7
09-05-2002, 01:11 AM
I'll wait around till monday and check out whats happening with the next protien and then see if I stay longer.

:D

Thanks for the welcome, its been fun, and now I have the stability issues out of the way, I'm enjoying the change...

plus its great to be flying up the ranks... and being part of the number 1 team :D

FoBoT
09-05-2002, 04:54 AM
there is a pretty good chance that the next protein will be even slower and it is for a long term, a month or two or longer

so although the current protein is slow compared to last week, it could be the best we will see in some time to come

i have moved my home boxen to SETI to hit my 1000 goal in that project, i am leaving some faster work boxen on DF, but moving all the slower ones to RC5 to hit my 100,000 goal on that project

come monday when we switch to the "normal" protein, if its really sloooooooooooow, as i expect, i will be dropping my DF output down to just a few boxen

Tax Bracket
09-05-2002, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by Chinasaur
TaxBracket,

We'd love for you to stay until next week..but I understand that you want to get back to your home project.

I personally committed to paying back cycles to the projects that helped us.

So which project is your home? And anyone else who helped who wants some payback cycles?

Hi Mate, :cheers:

Thanks for the offer. My home project was ECCp, but to be honest, this project will end soon, and we probably still need all the cycles we can get on DFolding so don't worry. Stay with DF.

I've managed to 'acquire' a spare PC so I'll leave this on DF as well for a while till things settle a bit.

TB.

Chinasaur
09-05-2002, 08:31 PM
TaxBracket,

Okies..let me know if you change yer mind.

Auritania just jumped to TSF so we'll need all the cycles we can get.

IronBits
09-05-2002, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by FoBoT
come monday when we switch to the "normal" protein, if its really sloooooooooooow, as i expect, i will be dropping my DF output down to just a few boxen
Oh really...?
Better get used to seeing this then
:moon: :D :moon:
:rotfl:
I'll hunt you down like the dog you are :p
or sumpin like that :)

FoBoT
09-05-2002, 10:51 PM
yeah, but it will take a while :p

Angus
09-07-2002, 11:48 PM
Better get used to seeing the south end of a northbound Ars team...

They're bragging that it won't be long....:swear:

Only 138,059,407 behind Free-DC. It won't be long :spank:

Are we going to let the limp noodle team pass us? Let's get folding!!

FoBoT
09-08-2002, 12:52 AM
monday's protein change will likely stave off their advance, i bet $0.03 it is going to be a big slow one

Chinasaur
09-09-2002, 09:03 PM
FoBoT..yer a bum prophet :) This one is another f@#$^$ fast one.

HELL YES WE STILL NEED YOU!!! NOW MORE THAN EVER!!!!! .... sorry for shouting :)

People, we're Number One in Distributed Folding..but according to statsman.org...we won't be after the 24th of this month :(

We need EVERYONE and ALL your boxes to keep ahead of TSF. I kinda know this ain't gonna happen but I at least have to beg :)

We are a small band of DF crunchers..but mighty in output. If we had as many people producing as TSF does...we would have the biggest rout in DC history...but alas we do not. If we had half as many people producing as they do..we would be handily outpacing them..but alas we do not.

So. _If_ we do get passed (if perchance we are not successful in increasing production or gaining new members) know this.... Our small team has kept the combined output of TSF and KWSN at bay since project inception. The heart and dedication of our few team members has kept at bay the much larger, more established teams of the DC landscape for a loooong time. And that is something to be proud of. If we had as large a pool of crunchers to draw upon as TSF, we would have an even larger lead than TLC had in it's S@H glory days...

So I salute my brothers and sisters of Team FreeDC and say -

"Be Excellent to each other!"

and

"Party on DUDES!!!!"

:|party|: :moon: :jester: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Alpha_7
09-09-2002, 09:54 PM
I'll Keep recruiting and I'll try to borg some more machines... :D

We need to fight this all the way.

Alpha_7
09-09-2002, 10:07 PM
Tried to drum up some support from the Seti guys, I dont know if will get a good response but it was worth a try. I have tried the borg some of the lab machines at uni, but it seems like the firewall is preventing them from getting started. :(

I'll keep trying,

Cheers,

Alpha_7

FoBoT
09-09-2002, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by Chinasaur
FoBoT..yer a bum prophet :) This one is another f@#$^$ fast one.

:o

yeah, i better keep my day job (oh, wait, i am still at work at 9:30pm, guess its a day/night job :rolleyes: )

a crunching i will go, a crunching i will go :D

MAD-ness
09-09-2002, 10:35 PM
While the shrinking lead you hold over TSF is by no means gauranteed to evaporate (I know better than to count my chickens before they hatch, etc.), even if it does you guys have done an amazing job on this project.

I still remember when we were floating around #6 and 3DHQ passed up SLRI only to have you guys come flying up and zoom past them. You have put up amazing numbers in this project. KWSN really gave it a shot in DF (not near thier total abilities, but still a hell of a lot of firepower they have had on the project at various times) and you have withstood everything they have thrown at you.

Further down the rankings, OCAU is a team to keep an eye on and if/when Jodie is fully online again OCN once again becomes a serious threat.

It is by no means a 2 horse race and it is by no means a race that has reached its end.

I look forward to further great competition. =)

Paratima
09-09-2002, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by FoBoT
monday's protein change will likely stave off their advance, i bet $0.03 it is going to be a big slow one Cough up that there 3 cents, Bub! :p

IronBits
09-09-2002, 11:15 PM
It is rumored that Jodie is donating a large chunk of her farm to a school district,
down to about a couple dozen boxen I guess.
:notworthy

Even if TSF manages to slide past us during their month long gauntlet,
we will be nipping at their heels waiting for them to fade back,
as everyone returns to their 'home' projects. ;) :jester:

FoBoT
09-10-2002, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by Paratima
Cough up that there 3 cents, Bub! :p

http://www.petersreviews.com/simp03.jpg

ok, PM me your address and I will send you a three cent stamp :D

IronBits
09-10-2002, 12:40 AM