PDA

View Full Version : jasong's "spam" (non-DC links that I want to share)

jasong
06-05-2008, 07:40 PM
I´ve joined an online game called PMOG(Passively Multiplayer Online Game). Basically, it´s a game where you get points every time you visit a unique domain in a 24-hour period. When I say unique domain, that means the part of the URL between the double-slash marks and the first single slash mark is unique. So www.free-dc.org would count as 1 point no matter how much time you spent there, but stats.free-dc.org would count as a second point. You can collect these points and buy items to either harm other players within the game or give gifts. There´s other stuff, too. Check it out here. (http://pmog.com)

One of the players in the game sent me on a mission, and the first site on the mission is [url=http://www.chrisjordan.com/current_set2.php?id=7]this one.[url] If you aren´t in the habit of blindly clicking pages, I´ll go ahead and tell you that it is a visual represention of American(?) consumption. Quite shocking, though totally safe for work.

jasong
06-11-2008, 09:01 AM
Judging from the tone of this article, it seems that hiring drifters can be slightly problematic for the homeowners. Not a super-big deal though. (Note: I'm making fun of the article's tone, not what happened to the young girl)

Elizabeth Smart says faith enabled her to cope during captivity

SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — During the nine months then-14-year-old Elizabeth Smart was held by kidnappers, it was her faith in God that enabled her to cope, she said Thursday. “I always knew (God) loved me, and that whether I survived or didn’t, he would be there and that my family would always love me no matter what happened,” she said in an interview on CNN’s “Larry King Live.” Drifter and self-styled prophet Brian David Mitchell, who had done roofing work on the Smarts’ home, allegedly kidnapped her in 2002 to make her his second wife.

Mitchell and his wife, Wanda Barzee, are charged with aggravated kidnapping, aggravated sexual assault and other charges, but both have been declared incompetent to stand trial at this time. Asked by King whether the parents no longer hired drifters, Elizabeth Smart’s father, Ed Smart said, “No, we no longer hire homeless people. “After something like this, we’re paranoid — aren’t we?” he said to his daughter, who smiled
and said, “Yeah.”

The young woman, now 18, said she looks forward to attending Brigham Young University, where she plans to major in music.