PDA

View Full Version : TSF Hits 2,000,000,000

Paratima
09-08-2002, 10:09 AM
Whether you call it two billion (U.S.) or two thousand million (U.K.), Team Stir Fry has done it.

Congratulations, TSF! :cheers:

IronBits
09-08-2002, 10:58 AM
Dammit, you beat me to it :swear: ;)

Congratulations to Ars Technica Team Stir Fry!
:cheers: :|party|: :cheers: :smoking: :crazy:
Good job guys! You deserve your own 'offical' website now.
www.teamstirfry.net (when the DNS propgates) :thumbs:
Race ya to 3 Billion! :moon: :p :D

Richard Clyne
09-08-2002, 11:32 AM
Congrats to you all at TSF for reaching 2 Billion structures:|party|: :smoking: :cheers:

whilden@ars
09-08-2002, 11:36 AM
Thanks guys :cheers:

Thanks IB for everything you do for Ars DC Teams

Here's hoping the race to 3 billion and beyond stays friendly between our two teams!

IronBits
09-08-2002, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by whilden@ars
Here's hoping the race to 3 billion and beyond stays friendly between our two teams!
:swear: Are you nuts?!?!? :moon: :D
Come git some! :jester:

erm, someone needs to let guzzler know he's on the wrong team :p :bang: :rotfl:

Angus
09-08-2002, 01:39 PM
Hey IB -

Maybe if ya quit cheering them on and encouraging them, we could stay ahead of them....... :spank:

... otherwise Free-DC will become known as the ars techinca cheerleading squad - standing by on the sidelines as they charge by.

Angus - who doesn't look good in a short skirt and pompoms

IronBits
09-08-2002, 02:52 PM
:cheers: Go Team Go :cheers:

Ok, I'll go sit in the corner now :(

510 Ars Members vs our superior 76 (32 active) members. ;) :D

:thumbs:
/me walks off mumbling something about xj10bt being on vacation...

Moogie
09-08-2002, 04:08 PM
Good job guys. It would almost be worth it to see you pass us just to see Angus and IB in cheerleading outfits. :D

Naahhh...some other time maybe. Back to crunchin!

Again..good work guys!

:cheers:

pointwood
09-08-2002, 04:20 PM
Thanks a lot guys and girls :thumbs:

IronBits: The race to 3 billion has started and we are catching up fast :moon: ;)

Btw. Can we agree on one thing?
Let's leave KWSN in the dust :thumbs: :cheers:

EDIT:
IB - TSF.net - thx a lot big guy! Your support for Ars consistently continues to amaze me :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :thumbs:

Moogie
09-08-2002, 04:28 PM
Hmmm...leaving KWSN in the dust is a good visualization :cheers:

Pointwood...why don't you all come over and join free-dc and create an unbeatable team?

Come to think of it, if we don't pick up production soon I'm going to be needing to send the guys some razors so they can shave their legs for when they wear those cheerleading outfits. :shocked:

/me goes off to find more boxen to help the cause

pointwood
09-08-2002, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by Moogie

Pointwood...why don't you all come over and join free-dc and create an unbeatable team? Look at the numbers IB posted above ;)

I think it's a great idea, but I believe it would be much easier to move 72 members to TSF than to move 510 members to Free-DC ;) :thumbs:

I'll look forward to see you lead the move Moogie since I believe the others are busy making those cheerleading outfits :rotfl: ;)

Angus
09-08-2002, 04:46 PM
Just send guzzler over - we'll help him join.

Moogie
09-08-2002, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by pointwood
I think it's a great idea, but I believe it would be much easier to move 72 members to TSF than to move 510 members to Free-DC ;) :thumbs:

I'll look forward to see you lead the move Moogie since I believe the others are busy making those cheerleading outfits :rotfl: ;)

Don't be too sure about that. We're a pretty strong team and tend to come on stronger when the competition gets rough. Those cheerleading outfits you spoke of may just have to be altered to fit you. :rotfl:

And don't think I didn't noticed that you got to DB before I did (I'm working on that one now). :moon:

Guess we'll just have to watch this space in the race to 3 billion. Besides, once you get that dinner, you'll be over here anyway. :cheers:

/me wonders if one can crunch on a George Foreman grill (Partima..you ever tried that?)

Moogie
09-08-2002, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by Angus
Just send guzzler over - we'll help him join.

That's the spirit Angus! :cheers: I'm sure he'll have no trouble. :)

pointwood
09-08-2002, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by Angus
Just send guzzler over - we'll help him join. That's typical for you freebies - always trying to take the easy way - never going to do the hard work yourself ;) :p

I'm sorry, but guzzler is kinda busy with other important stuff and he will be so for ....well until around the time when this project ends ;) :D

Moogie: You keep talking about that dinner but I haven't seen any food on the table yet and without food I'll not be able to fold any proteins and will be worth nothing for your team, so you better hurry up a bit ;) :D

Moogie
09-08-2002, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by pointwood
That's typical for you freebies - always trying to take the easy way - never going to do the hard work yourself ;) :p

No, I refer to that as time management. The quicker we get him over here, the better.

I'm sorry, but guzzler is kinda busy with other important stuff and he will be so for ....well until around the time when this project ends ;) :D

I'm sure we can point him in the direction of a more worthy project :D

Moogie: You keep talking about that dinner but I haven't seen any food on the table yet and without food I'll not be able to fold any proteins and will be worth nothing for your team, so you better hurry up a bit ;) :D

Hey..you bought the groceries yet? I've not seen that plane ticket either. Friendly game of quarters whilst I'm there perhaps? :cheers:

I'm thinking this will be a fun race. :)

:help: :thumbs:

pointwood
09-08-2002, 05:27 PM
Hey..you bought the groceries yet? I've not seen that plane ticket either. Friendly game of quarters whilst I'm there perhaps? :cheers:

I'm thinking this will be a fun race. :)

:help: :thumbs: Changing the contract again are we? ;) The contract I signed, didn't say I should should buy the plane ticket - in the contract I signed, I was just responsible for the booze ;)

I'll gladly buy the groceries too, however I need a grocery list to do that ;)

If you'll tell me when and where your plane arrives, I'll come and pick you up ;)

Ps. I'm ready for that game of quarters :thumbs:

/me starts intensive training right away :D

Paratima
09-08-2002, 07:51 PM
/me wonders if one can crunch on a George Foreman grill (Partima..you ever tried that?) Moogie, if it runs on electricity, there's GOTTA be a way to borg it! ;)

MAD-ness
09-09-2002, 10:19 PM
Thanks guys.

We have a large and rather massive target to focus on, which makes things a lot easier.

I would like to second (or third I suppose) the sentiment of leaving KWSN in the dust. Another great competitor but one I would rather see disappear from my rear view mirror. =)

Thanks for the support IB, et al.

[edited]for idiocy[edited]

KWSN_Millennium2001Guy
09-09-2002, 10:31 PM
Go here: http://www.free-dc.org

From that home page each project has a great home page with all of the info you need to get started. For example: http://bane.free-dc.org/distfold/ is the homepage for the Distributed Folding project. On here there are articles helping new users to get up and going.

Free DC is very helpful in all of the DC projects.

... and what's so bad about KWSN ? ;) :jester: :|party|:

Ni! :cheers:

MAD-ness
09-09-2002, 10:43 PM
Ok, I stand corrected, I better go edit that post before I get hollered at. :(

MAD-ness
09-09-2002, 10:47 PM
Nothing is wrong with KWSN! (you guys are actually quite amusing, though the team hopping gets under the skin of some people).

However, I think that I can safely say that both Free-DC and Ars TSF like KWSN! a lot more when we are outproducing them and ahead of them in the rankings. This applies to ALL teams though, so don't go feeling too special. ;)