PDA

View Full Version : New Flat Screen Monitor

n7vxj
06-25-2008, 09:27 PM
Hey Guys,I need some help here! I just went out and bought a new 20" Flat screen LCD Monitor.I got it all hooked up, and decided to watch a dvd, and the graphics suck! I'm thinking it's because I have an ancient graphics card in the thing.Am I right? If I go get a newer graphics card for this thing, will it improve the graphics when I watch a dvd or streaming graphics, for that matter. :swear: HELP!!!!

IronBits
06-25-2008, 11:22 PM
Manufacturer, Make and Model is always very helpful when asking for help. ;)
Some LCDs just don't do 'movies' well.
Depends on the resolution, amount of pixels, refresh rate, types of connections etc.

gopher_yarrowzoo
06-26-2008, 03:14 AM
It's a bit like saying I got a new monitor and when I go to play GTA the graphics suck, not knowing what you had previously, what resolution that was running at , what resolution this is running at, what graphics card etc..

Max Dettweiler
06-28-2008, 12:13 PM
Make sure you have the resolution set to whatever is the "native" setting for the monitor--LCD's only work on their "native" settings, otherwise everything's fuzzy and weird.

ashiq88
08-13-2008, 05:17 AM
I just went out and bought a new 20" Flat screen LCD Monitor.I got it all hooked up, and decided to watch a dvd, and the graphics suck! I'm thinking it's because I have an ancient graphics card in the thing.Am I right

IronBits
08-13-2008, 07:45 AM
We need more details so we don't make any assumptions.
What is the make and model of the video card?
What LCD monitor do you have?
Are you using the DVI connector or the VGA connector?
What resolution is your Desktop set to?