PDA

View Full Version : Forums went down

IronBits
07-17-2008, 10:01 AM
I installed an add-on to Smoothwall to allow multiple IPs on the inbound red nic.
I guess it didn't go as smoothly as I had hoped and it wasn't routing port 80 to the forum correctly :(

I updated all the fields on the router page, so hopefully it's all better.
If not, I'll remove the mod.

Bok
07-17-2008, 10:18 AM
Just to clarify, nothing actually went down....

Except the routing to the webserver... :cheers:

Shish
07-17-2008, 02:08 PM
Yeah, after several, spread out attempts to bring the forums up, I checked the routing and it came up OK except connection refused on p.80. Thought it may be an isp thing cos a lot of them have been making a mess of things trying to stop various internet traffic types and sites blocking ranges of ports, traffic types, and addresses. Didn,t know you were using Smoothwall tho' and it's a well known error with admins to forget to hit the update button so nowt new there apart from a blush under the suntan IB :D. I remember having to do just that a few times, the last time I was working, when some high end, harrassed, network managers and engineers forget to save or press the update after updating routers and switches etc. especially after updating pages of acls and allow or block ...
Not to worry mateys, we didn,t get a long enough break to suffer withdrawal symptoms and your continuing work is very much appreciated by both the usual guilty parties and the silent majority of whom I'm definitely one of the former:). :cheers: and thanks to both, dunno where you find the time!

gopher_yarrowzoo
07-17-2008, 03:00 PM
I installed an add-on to Smoothwall to allow multiple IPs on the inbound red nic.
I guess it didn't go as smoothly as I had hoped and it wasn't routing port 80 to the forum correctly :(

I updated all the fields on the router page, so hopefully it's all better.
If not, I'll remove the mod.

IB, bad boy don't let it happen again :lmao::lmao::Pokes:

alpha
07-17-2008, 05:02 PM
Started to get the shakes when my I couldn't get my stats fix but it's OK now. ;)

LAURENU2
07-17-2008, 08:19 PM
Started to get the shakes when my I couldn't get my stats fix but it's OK now. ;)
I guess We Need to set up a rehab thread :lmao:

Shish
07-18-2008, 01:15 PM
Tried rehab, it drove me to drink :thumbs::rotfl::cheers:

Bok
07-18-2008, 01:20 PM
You're only an alcoholic if you get therapy !