PDA

View Full Version : Great Numbers FoBoT!!! :)

Chinasaur
09-16-2002, 09:26 PM
Last 24 hours you've been pouring on the coals :thumbs:

Ody
09-16-2002, 09:31 PM
great production man, bring it on! :thumbs:

FoBoT
09-16-2002, 10:03 PM
i gotta take another dump tonight or in the morning, but i am still at work, got a BIG deadline tomorrow :(

but thanks :D

IronBits
09-16-2002, 11:30 PM
You never cease to amaze me FoBoT! :D
:thumbs:

Supp
09-17-2002, 05:56 AM
Relly great numbers :scared: ...I can see why you've made me bite dust in Eccp ;)

MAD-ness
09-17-2002, 08:34 PM
Wow. :)

Keep up the good work.

FoBoT
09-17-2002, 08:53 PM
the bandwidth is killing me!!!

i bring home 500mb of structures to upload, it take a few hours on my cable modem! oh the pain!! :haddock:

there is no way you could do DF (in large #'s/large production) on dial up

Paratima
09-17-2002, 10:03 PM
As I have a machine or two on dialup (friends' boxen, not using them right now), I agree with you, in spades.

The dumps just take forever. (Nice dumps, BTW! :D)

There is a thread going on DF now, on this very topic. I think we should add a little pressure on Howard, who seems to be of the opinion that it's a "minor inconvenience" as "very few have complained about it".

FoBoT
09-17-2002, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by Paratima
I think we should add a little pressure on Howard, who seems to be of the opinion that it's a "minor inconvenience" as "very few have complained about it".

i will go take a look
if the protiens were the larger/slower ones, it wouldn't be so bad, but these fast ones create so many files, its just toooooooo muuuuuuuuuuuuuuch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Moogie
09-18-2002, 12:36 AM
Lookin good FoBoT!
Awesome job!

:cheers:

alpha
09-18-2002, 04:48 AM
Originally posted by Paratima
As I have a machine or two on dialup (friends' boxen, not using them right now), I agree with you, in spades.

The dumps just take forever. (Nice dumps, BTW! :D)

There is a thread going on DF now, on this very topic. I think we should add a little pressure on Howard, who seems to be of the opinion that it's a "minor inconvenience" as "very few have complained about it".

Its one of the main reasons I won't stick with DF. All my boxen are on dialup and the connection is unreliable with daily time-limit restrictions. With the last fast protein, I was manually uploading every 20k, which was slow and a chore. As everyone seems to have mentioned, the client is idle while uploading, so for us dialup users the long uploading period is also a waste of idle CPU cycles. While I was helping out with DF, I would fire up the ECCp client when uploading.

I'd say its a major inconvenience, and if I were convinced by the cause of the project I might have bothered complaining about it.

Paratima
09-18-2002, 07:38 AM
We pitched it. Let's wait & see.