PDA

View Full Version : A New Round of Avatar Making

Dyyryath
09-17-2002, 05:20 PM
I'll probably have a little spare time this week/weekend. I've noticed that we've got quite a few new people floating around here and to them I say:

WELCOME!

If any of you'd like an 'official' Free-DC avatar custom made to order ;), post here and give me some idea what you'd like.

These avatars are the metal framed ones you've seen many of us using. They usually (but not always) have one or two letters to match your username in them.

So if you want one, speak up now!

fRaGgLe
09-17-2002, 06:36 PM
So if you want one, speak up now!

"up"

can you do me a bike related one ? or a flaming union jack, or both, or something :)

heh heh thanks dy[TAB]

Dyyryath
09-18-2002, 12:23 PM
Ah! A bike related one! How about a picture of my living room full of disassembled motorcycle? ;) :D

I'll see what I can come up with. Would you like something generic or something for your bike specifically? Aren't you riding a GSX-R these days?

fRaGgLe
09-18-2002, 03:54 PM
I ride a '98 GSXR750 yes :)

This is the linkage to a recent pic -

http://frag.dotdotnetdot.net/pics/bike_better.JPG

up to you I guess......:crazy:

FireCracker
09-18-2002, 04:04 PM
Speaking up

Yeah, thanks a lot.

How about the standard look with the letters "FC"
with a red color background?

Thanks again,

FC

Scoofy12
09-18-2002, 04:33 PM
ROFL @ fRaGgLe
:rotfl:
"dotdotnetdot.net"
hee hee hee....

Kosh
09-22-2002, 02:53 AM
If you are still free I would mind getting one of those nifty borders around my current avatar.

FireCracker
09-27-2002, 08:48 AM
Dyyryath,

How will you get those avatars to us?
Post in this forum or what?

FC

Smiling Carnivore
09-28-2002, 03:10 AM
IIRC, he will modify your account himself. That is what he did with mine at least.

Dyyryath
09-28-2002, 03:13 PM
OK, it's taken a bit longer than expected, but I'll be making avatars today.

When they're ready, I'll uplaod them to the board and update your account for you. If anyone's not happy with theirs, or they want some changes made to it, post here or shoot me an email or PM and I'll take care of it. :thumbs:

Dyyryath
09-28-2002, 06:01 PM
Ah, I see Jim's already handled frag's avatar! Outstanding. I've uploaded the other two...

If anyone else needs one, now's the time to let us know...

FireCracker
09-28-2002, 06:15 PM
Dyyryath,

Wow, thanks a lot, I love it.

FC

wirthi
09-28-2002, 06:35 PM
HI,

if you really run out of work otherwise, you coule create a avatar for me. I would like .. umm .. styled like your avatar, but dark-red background, and a W displayed in the front.

Thanks,
Wirthi

fRaGgLe
09-28-2002, 08:13 PM
Wow, Batman - thats amazing - THANKS !!!!

Kosh
09-29-2002, 12:19 AM
Thanks, it looks great! :thumbs:

wirthi
09-29-2002, 03:44 AM
Thanks, mine is great too. That's the motivation i needed to spend even more processing time to free-dc :)

Tyrfang
10-04-2002, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by Dyyryath
OK, it's taken a bit longer than expected, but I'll be making avatars today.

When they're ready, I'll uplaod them to the board and update your account for you. If anyone's not happy with theirs, or they want some changes made to it, post here or shoot me an email or PM and I'll take care of it. :thumbs:

Hey there Stats Guy...can I get one? If I can...I'd love a Tyr rune...basically like the up arrow on your keyboard.

:jester:

Tyrfang
10-05-2002, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by Tyrfang

Hey there Stats Guy...can I get one? If I can...I'd love a Tyr rune...basically like the up arrow on your keyboard.

Brilliant!

Thanks a lot...really appreciate it.

:cheers:

Dyyryath
10-05-2002, 02:28 PM
Just so you can thank the right guy, you guys should know that JTrinkle is helping me with the avatars now.

I've given him my base artwork to use as a template and he's taken it and run with it! He's a modest one, though, so he tends to just make them and not let anyone know who actually did the work. ;)

wirthi and Tyrfang were both done by Jim and they look great!

Thanks, Jim. :thumbs:

JTrinkle
10-05-2002, 03:57 PM
Heh
Its about time I did something around here :rolleyes:

-JT

Tyrfang
10-06-2002, 11:39 AM
Just so you can thank the right guy, you guys should know that JTrinkle is helping me with the avatars now.

I've given him my base artwork to use as a template and he's taken it and run with it! He's a modest one, though, so he tends to just make them and not let anyone know who actually did the work. ;)

wirthi and Tyrfang were both done by Jim and they look great!

Thanks, Jim. :thumbs:

Thanks for the correction.:rotfl:

Cheers Jim, and very fine job.

magnav0x
10-16-2002, 01:23 PM
Could I get an avatar please? I was unablet o get one last time you were making them.

Jammy
10-16-2002, 01:56 PM
Sure Dy! Can mine be made with my current avatar?

Thanks,

Jammy

JTrinkle
10-17-2002, 06:51 PM
Jammy: Yours is fixed....
Magnavox... check your PM

-JT

Jammy
10-17-2002, 07:25 PM
Cool! gee thanks JT. And everybody!

Jammy

Originally posted by JTrinkle
Jammy: Yours is fixed....
Magnavox... check your PM

-JT

the-mk
01-22-2003, 09:19 PM
hi!

all the avatars dyyryath created are looking great!

i'd like to have one too!

is it possible to have the "the-mk" in blue with an unobtrusive background? or could you insert that picture in any way (http://mitglied.lycos.de/the_mk/the_mk.gif) into the metal frame?

that would be great and i know it will look much better than the one i have now!

thanks!

Jammy
01-22-2003, 09:28 PM
I think that your avatar is quite classy looking myself!

Jammy

Originally posted by the-mk
hi!

all the avatars dyyryath created are looking great!

i'd like to have one too!

the-mk
01-22-2003, 09:32 PM
sure, it looks classy, but i want that cool metal frame around it!

TheOtherZaphod
02-03-2003, 09:54 PM
You know, I think I'd like me one of them there avatars. Maybe something with a nice shiny "Z". Something tasteful, and in keeping with the office of president of the universe (retired). :D :D

...or whatever is hanging about that doesn't clash too badly...

Dyyryath
02-04-2003, 01:09 AM
OK, I'll be making avatars for SAK, TheMK, and TheOtherZaphod tomorrow morning.

Anybody else while I'm at it?

TheOtherZaphod
02-04-2003, 08:00 AM
You are a gentleman, and a scholar. A man of boundless energy, and infinite good will. We don't always know where you are headed, but it is always certain that once you get there, you will have arrived!

...And don't forget to vote...

MrTRS
02-04-2003, 09:54 AM
OK, I'll be making avatars for SAK, TheMK, and TheOtherZaphod tomorrow morning.

Anybody else while I'm at it?

My I have one please. I don't know what to suggest to put in it. Why don't I leave it up to you to use whatever you think.

Ray

Supp
02-04-2003, 12:55 PM
Could you make one with metal frame and head of vulture (Gyps fulvus, Accipitridae, Falconiformes) inside?? I need it for my friend...

Tax Bracket
02-05-2003, 04:30 AM
Dyy if you get the time can you knock one up for me...

Something with currency symbols (Euro, Dollar)...and...well.....a bracket (hee hee)

Wedge
02-05-2003, 03:41 PM
hey :), if u could i'd like a star wars x wing with a W somewhere in there. if u can't find a star wars pic then just a W will do ;) thanks.

MrTRS
02-20-2003, 08:49 AM
Dyy,
You must be busy, but I found something that might be good for my avatar. See Tiger

Thanks

Dyyryath
02-20-2003, 03:24 PM
Heh, I got sidetracked. :)
I've made a couple of them already. I'll work on the others as soon as I get home today. I should have them uploaded tonight.

Sorry for the delay. Sometimes you guys are gonna have to stay on me about stuff like this. ;) :D

Tax Bracket
02-20-2003, 07:02 PM
:notworthy Dyyryath :notworthy

No probs matey....

Bet they're good...

MrTRS
02-20-2003, 07:08 PM
Dyy,

I know I'm speaking for a lot of people when I say "Thanks" for all the hard work that you do for everybody.

magnav0x
02-20-2003, 11:44 PM
Long live the thread! Gotta love it

Dyyryath
02-22-2003, 09:41 PM
Got some of the new avatars uploaded tonight. If anyone wants something 'modified' on theirs, let me know.

Wedge: I tried to get you an X-Wing, buddy, but it just wasn't going to happen. It'd have been too small to be recognizable. Hope the stylized W works for you. If not, let me know.

MK: You had similar issues. There just wasn't much room for the width of your whole avatar so I had to trim it some. Also, if you want a different background color (other than white), let me know.

MrTRS: I like the way yours turned out.

Zaphod: I like the way yours turned out, too. Good color scheme (http://www.zerothelement.com). :D If you don't like the lettering style, let me know.

Tax Bracket: I think yours worked out nicely, too.

MrTRS
02-23-2003, 12:26 AM
Dyy,

Wow, I think its great, Thanks a lot.

the-mk
02-23-2003, 05:36 AM
Thanks to Dyyryath! :notworthy :notworthy

He's the man! :notworthy :notworthy

It looks great!

Thanks again! :notworthy

freeiso
02-23-2003, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by the-mk
Thanks to Dyyryath! :notworthy :notworthy

He's the man! :notworthy :notworthy

It looks great!

Thanks again! :notworthy

Dididididididitto

:cool:

Wedge
02-23-2003, 04:39 PM
that's all right i thought it would have been tough anyway but I like the W i have right now :) btw if u can change that to like a cursive W or something stylish then that'd be great. Thanks again for ur hard work!

Tax Bracket
02-24-2003, 09:37 AM
Fantastic Matey!!!!!

Thank You !

TheOtherZaphod
02-25-2003, 03:01 PM
Excellent work as always. Thanks so much. I have uploaded an extra 2 million DF structures in honor of the occasion. I really like the font; it strikes me as sort of neo-retro-modern:D :confused: .

MrTRS
02-25-2003, 07:13 PM
the-mk,

How do you make your signature use small font.
I looked at the vB code and tried what I thought would work and it didn't.

Ray

MrTRS
02-25-2003, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by MrTRS
the-mk,

How do you make your signature use small font.
I looked at the vB code and tried what I thought would work and it didn't.

Ray
Never mind :D

Chinasaur
02-25-2003, 08:29 PM
Dyyryath,

Already emailed you my thanks..but another public "thanking" can't hurt.

Go in pieces....

Tks man.