PDA

View Full Version : Woot! Good news!

Moogie
08-27-2008, 04:40 PM
On Monday, I went in for an outpatient procedure to have a "mass" (they weren't sure what to call it) in my abdomen drained. They took out 660CCs of fluid, which equates to about a can and 3/4 of soda. At any rate, I just received the news. The fluid was completely sterile which means no cancer OR infection. After too many tests to count, we finally have the answer.

Needless to say, I am relieved.

Ok, now I'm ready to crunch! Any ideas on where to start?

PS: Admins...if you feel this is not a correct post, please feel free to move it or delete it.

the-mk
08-27-2008, 04:59 PM
no cancer, no infection - that's indeed good news! :cheers:

crunching: we need some people at OGR to finish that project before linux-de.org catches us (more details in OGR forums)!

Bok
08-27-2008, 06:05 PM
Excellent news Moogie!!!!

:banana:

LAURENU2
08-27-2008, 06:24 PM
Good news indeed :o

IronBits
08-27-2008, 07:46 PM
:elephant: Party time :) :cheers:

gopher_yarrowzoo
08-27-2008, 07:49 PM
:thumbs: I think that just about says it all..

Brucifer
08-27-2008, 08:16 PM
I'm very happy for you Moogie!!

Paratima
08-27-2008, 08:44 PM
Yay! We're even. I had chest pains two weeks ago, went into the hospital for a battery of tests and they said they were going to keep my test results to show their new people what a healthy heart looks like! :clap: I LIKE IT!

Good news all around. As to what to crunch, if you check your PM's, you'll likely find a plea from the Fozz, begging for help in OGR. He even got me to put all my boxen on it and I don't even like the project. So anyway, OGR needs your help for a short drive to the finish.

And congrats on your test results again. :thumbs:

Digital Parasite
09-02-2008, 09:57 AM
Yay that is great news! So do they just drain it and leave it at that or are they going to remove it entirely? So I guess after that you must have lost a bit of weight too, sucks having an extra couple of cans of fluid lying around...

Moogie
09-02-2008, 06:39 PM
Yay that is great news! So do they just drain it and leave it at that or are they going to remove it entirely? So I guess after that you must have lost a bit of weight too, sucks having an extra couple of cans of fluid lying around...

For right now, they just drain it. Yes, there is a possibility it might refill, but time will tell. They felt this was a better option than a resection at this point. Especially since they didn't know what it was. We shall see. I feel pretty good about it since the bad stuff was ruled out. I'm taking it one day at a time. Right now? I'm pretty much pain free. I have a bit of soreness which is to be expected but THAT I can deal with.

Thanks for asking!

gopher_yarrowzoo
09-02-2008, 06:42 PM
Yeah and now the only pain in the ass you have are the kids....:Pokes: and runs!