PDA

View Full Version : American "money"

jasong
09-29-2008, 07:24 PM
(I'm having to list the second link without actually seeing it, since the hoster has been have bandwidth problems)

First, let me say that I understand that the rules state that there aren't supposed to be political threads on here. The reason I have posted this is that it is not political at all. It is based on years of off and on research. Most of the research had to do with The Internal Revenue Code(Title 26 of the US code), and this was simply an off-shoot of that. I figure that with the economy the way it is, that this is a good time to dust the cobwebs off part of the reason this country is in such bad shape.

Look at the legal stuff on the front of each bill. I hope the second one is legible. Note the difference in phrasing. Also notice that bills with the added terms aren't publicly circulated, you can't simply go to a bank and withdraw a note with the second phrasing.

Sometimes, you'll see a news item about the US Mint and someone will brag about how good they are at preventing the counterfeiting of American money. They are both correct and deluded. It is true that American money can't be counterfeited. Unfortunately, the reason isn't whiz-bang technology. The reason that it can't be counterfeited is that American money doesn't involve green paper with pictures of dead people on it. American money has been made out of things like gold, silver, platinum and copper for approximately 150 years. That has never changed.

Here's another thing you might not know: Inflation did not exist in it's present form until AFTER paper money took hold.

If you have some time on your hands, try this little trick. Find out the price of a suit, reasonably fancy for the times, but not super-awesome(for the time period) for 3 or 4 different time periods in our(US or your own country) history. Normalize the prices by changing them to the amount of gold you could get in that time period for the suit from that time period. I'm reasonably certain that the amount of gold from each time period will be similar to each other. You see, while the dollar inflates, gold tends to keep it's value. It might soar upwards in price, and then crash. But over the period of a decade or so, it tends to always have the same value. If you are cautious with your gold investments, then stocks are something that are simply "fun," but definitely not something to rest your future on.

My friend is coming over to hang out, so I'm going to go ahead and post this as is, but please think about what I've said. My mind is rusty since I haven't dealt with this issue in a while, but if you're interested in this stuff, I can guide you with what I already know.

If you decide to investigate this, you are going to lose a TON of free time, guaranteed. Be warned that there's more misinformation on the Internet than truth, ESPECIALLY with this subject, but things like Title 26, court cases, and the the US Constitution are difficult to lie about, since you can simply look things up.

http://dalesdesigns.net/dollar_front.jpg

http://www.thecurrencyhouse.com/images/J261.jpg

jasong
09-30-2008, 09:28 PM
I know people hate double-posts, but I wanted to say I've fixed the second link.