PDA

View Full Version : Lot's of bots registering in the last few days..

Bok
10-02-2008, 09:36 AM
There were 15 new users this morning awaiting confirmation, I deleted them all, they were all bots. This was on top of the 13 late last night!

I'm also getting some on my other forums.

So, I installed a NoSPam! mod to make any new users answer a simple random question, AS WELL as the captcha system. We'll see if that makes a difference..

damn bots.

IronBits
10-02-2008, 10:43 AM
:thumbs:

Paratima
10-02-2008, 10:48 AM
I don't know if that's a good thing, Bok. I almost got kicked out of school for answering random questions.

:umm: ...Wait, or was it for giving random answers on exam questions? :scratch:

:jester:

gopher_yarrowzoo
10-02-2008, 02:16 PM
Yeah bots get everywhere... i bet it's all those machines infected with something called "windows vista" :p
I get a lot of spam e-mail > 90% of my e-mail now is spam to my "private" isp address.
And yes Paratima it was giving random answers

Moogie
10-02-2008, 05:41 PM
Sounds good Bok! Hope it works. :rock:

Paratima: :evil:

LAURENU2
10-02-2008, 06:26 PM
Are they cute Bots like these
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3139/2908057534_17f5558de3.jpg
HaHa

vaughan
10-03-2008, 02:51 AM
Yes we are experiencing the same problem over at AMD Users. We have temporarily switched off new user registration and Jeff has banned all mail.ru addresses.

Why can't these pests do something productive with their programming skills instead of creating annoying bots? :happyk9:

LAURENU2
10-03-2008, 09:11 AM
They were sent to Microsoft but they lost focus and are Hitting eveyone now

Bok
10-03-2008, 09:12 AM
We've had none get past the new system so far....

Merlin45
10-03-2008, 02:40 PM
Yeah bots get everywhere... i bet it's all those machines infected with something called "windows vista" :p
I get a lot of spam e-mail > 90% of my e-mail now is spam to my "private" isp address.
And yes Paratima it was giving random answers

Well, I had 3 laptops from a University where one of my sister daughters goes to school infected with bots. Boy they are really not too keen on letting students know how to protect them selves. No firewalls, no virus programs nothing.

It was funny watching the computer try to send emails when not connected to the net. It even gave notices that emails were waiting to sent. Still they didnt have a clue that they were infected.

I would really hate to see how many more systems were infected there. Its really a shame that people just understand that they can loose control of their own computers.

Got to run, have several more laptops awaiting to be cleaned.....

Digital Parasite
10-03-2008, 03:23 PM
We've had none get past the new system so far....

That is until the India spam farmers get put on the case... :cry:

gopher_yarrowzoo
10-05-2008, 03:53 PM
Well, I had 3 laptops from a University where one of my sister daughters goes to school infected with bots. Boy they are really not too keen on letting students know how to protect them selves. No firewalls, no virus programs nothing.

It was funny watching the computer try to send emails when not connected to the net. It even gave notices that emails were waiting to sent. Still they didnt have a clue that they were infected.

I would really hate to see how many more systems were infected there. Its really a shame that people just understand that they can loose control of their own computers.

Got to run, have several more laptops awaiting to be cleaned.....

Yup and if they do have AV it's out of date...
like your sig - how true as well.