PDA

View Full Version : What next after OGR

Fozzie
10-03-2008, 03:56 AM
We have a couple of weeks left so what does everyone think of for our next little push?

alpha
10-03-2008, 07:10 AM
People are saying ABC@Home will finish early 2009 at the current rate. I'm not a huge fan of a project like that, but I may help push it over the finish and contribute to our overall final standing.

Other than that, it's back to Rosetta for me whilst we wait for new OGR developments.

Fozzie
10-03-2008, 07:52 AM
or one that helps humanity in some way.

paleseptember
10-03-2008, 08:58 AM
As a maths-geek, I'm looking at putting some time and effort back into SoB. A part of me wants to get involved with some of the little maths projects coordinated via the mersenneforum.org peoples (CRUS, NPLB, etc), but ... I like the well-coordinated projects, big numbers, solid structure, that sort of thing.

But of course, throwing my very meagre resources onto any project that we're pushing in. As a cheerleader for OGR, I realise that I may have try to coax and coerce those with no interest in the project to participate :blush: I guess a returned favour may be required.

But in short, SoB will be primary. I like maths-stuff :)

Helix_Von_Smelix
10-03-2008, 11:59 AM
Back to CPDN

I can hear 10 million calling me:bigtrain::bigtrain:

Bok
10-03-2008, 12:10 PM
I'm still on a mission to reach #2 on this list (http://stats.free-dc.org/stats.php?page=mmakers&subproj=100k) Can't reach #1 :p

and that does mean 100K in Climate Prediction will be on the cards.. :)

em99010pepe
10-03-2008, 12:54 PM
As a maths-geek, I'm looking at putting some time and effort back into SoB. A part of me wants to get involved with some of the little maths projects coordinated via the mersenneforum.org peoples (CRUS, NPLB, etc), but ... I like the well-coordinated projects, big numbers, solid structure, that sort of thing.

Just to let you know that behind the stage NPLB with Bok and IronBits help is trying to bring some live stats. Also it is a well-coordinated project that works with hundreds of k's so it won't reach the greatness of GIMPS but everyone will find at least one prime. I already have 40 primes into the Top 5000.

Carlos

gopher_yarrowzoo
10-03-2008, 01:41 PM
It will be back to SoB for me for now, and I think I'll have to power down the new dualie since it's eating a bit of power. Well SoB and Boinc...

Digital Parasite
10-03-2008, 03:21 PM
Other than that, it's back to Rosetta for me whilst we wait for new OGR developments.

Some interesting stuff going on at Rosetta now. CASP is finished so they are analysing the results and the conference happens in November I think. Now they are working on some other important work. Seems like the Rosetta group is actually getting somewhere with their stuff.

Nitrousine
10-03-2008, 04:07 PM
Seventeen or Bust, hoping to get in to the top 100.

After SoB is over, I dunno, I'm thinking maybe Rosetta or Folding@home

:D

Paratima
10-03-2008, 09:51 PM
Rosetta

the-mk
10-04-2008, 01:26 AM
retire ;)

gopher_yarrowzoo
10-04-2008, 12:55 PM
Rosetta @ Home is on my boinc list I'm betting all the WU's I have are now old ones oh well flush time..

< random >
We are the OOd (Open Office droids) resistance is futile, you will see the light beyond the MS tunnel.. Come join with us..

MSod (MS Office drone) I will re-re-re-re-re-re-resist..... 5 crashes later..
MS office is great... Yes I'll happily let you keep using that cattle prod on me...
< /random >:lmao:

LAURENU2
10-04-2008, 03:55 PM
Rosetta @ Home is on my boinc list I'm betting all the WU's I have are now old ones oh well flush time..

< random >
We are the OOd (Open Office droids) resistance is futile, you will see the light beyond the MS tunnel.. Come join with us..

MSod (MS Office drone) I will re-re-re-re-re-re-resist..... 5 crashes later..
MS office is great... Yes I'll happily let you keep using that cattle prod on me...
< /random >:lmao:
Can you send me some of what ever your having :smoking: I need It BAD

Fozzie
10-04-2008, 04:25 PM
to be totally off your fricken head like Gopher, problem is you have to have been born in Scotland.

They're all as mad as mongeese up there it's something to do with the porridge and deep fried Mars bars.

paleseptember
10-04-2008, 09:03 PM
Just to let you know that behind the stage NPLB with Bok and IronBits help is trying to bring some live stats. Also it is a well-coordinated project that works with hundreds of k's so it won't reach the greatness of GIMPS but everyone will find at least one prime. I already have 40 primes into the Top 5000.

Carlos

The politics and bickering between the different groups at mersenneforum (specifically RPS and NPLB) scare me off. If the egos settle down, *shrug*, who knows, but the petty arguments and "that's my number", "no, that's my number! You're not allowed to work on it!" Blah!

gopher_yarrowzoo
10-05-2008, 04:14 PM
Can you send me some of what ever your having :smoking: I need It BAD
Ah dinnae smoke..

to be totally off your fricken head like Gopher, problem is you have to have been born in Scotland.

They're all as mad as mongeese up there it's something to do with the porridge and deep fried Mars bars.

Aye fozzie we are but heck it's more fun.. deep fried mars bars no thanks, porridge yeah on occasion but mars bars are best eaten right out the wrapper.

like It said it was a random off the wall comment to lighten the mood everyone in here knows i'm nutz :looney::looney: already don't ya..

gopher_yarrowzoo
10-07-2008, 03:07 PM
Beyond - no problem i suppose it needed to be said some place - might be able to place it in it's own thread..
Edit - I've move it all into it's own thread to clean this one up.
PCZ - your right.

PCZ
10-07-2008, 04:16 PM
Free-DC members would do well to steer clear of this squabble.

Helix_Von_Smelix
10-18-2008, 06:00 PM
Fozzie.... Get your butt back to OGR. We can take 4th place back.

:Pokes::Pokes:

:bigtrain::train::bigtrain::bigtrain:

Fozzie
10-18-2008, 06:05 PM
it's all gone elsewhere

You can give me loads of grief if we miss it by 300,000 but I doubt we'll get that close.

Ok I've got 16 cores back on it.

the-mk
10-18-2008, 06:10 PM
never say never!
BRING IT ON!!!

Helix_Von_Smelix
10-18-2008, 07:21 PM
it's all gone elsewhere

You can give me loads of grief if we miss it by 300,000 but I doubt we'll get that close.

Ok I've got 16 cores back on it.

If i can :stomp: you and we get 4th place that will be great.

:bigtrain::bigtrain::bigtrain:

Chuck
10-21-2008, 10:12 PM
Sounds like to BOINC or not to BOINC.

What's the latest dirt on OGR-P3 ????

I'm not crazy about boinc, but LLR doesn't like AMD's but it does like overclocked 486's .... yes... look at the timing.

C.

PS: and regarding those of proud heritage....

I quote ' to be totally off your fricken head like Gopher, problem is you have to have been born in Scotland...... '

Careful who you slap.... I'm a West Highlander. traced & certified to 1049 A.D. :)

((which for most of you probably explains *everything* ... <GRIN>))

LAURENU2
10-21-2008, 11:21 PM
to STOMP or not to STOMP .
... <GRIN>))

:umm: I Like Stomp. It Just Sounds Right to Me :lmao:

Chuck
10-22-2008, 12:08 AM
We have a few days to :bigtrain: in which time, we get to :train: , :machgun:, or :lawn: what's in our way.... at the very least.... they get a good :bonk: and :whip:, then Lauren can do what he does best :jester: and pick up the tab for the :cheers: . Then we can spin up on our next victim.

GOTCHA! :lmao:

C.

ps: When a good brew is just outta reach, FDC is a good substitute!

Chuck
10-22-2008, 08:37 PM
I did some checking with friends, most say PSP over SoB.

Thoughts?

C.

LAURENU2
10-23-2008, 01:37 AM
Well I am going to do a solid push in GeneticLife@Home to regain the !st place seat we lost due to our Push in OGR
And do MilkyWay@Home as a 2nd ...21st place just does NOT seem Right for Free-DC
I will also continue My push In EON