PDA

View Full Version : user on top 10 since - bug!

wirthi
10-03-2002, 10:55 AM
This function ("user on top 10 since" of the top 10 structures list) seems to be defect. Dyyryath, the current number 1 structure generator is on the list since Oct 1 or Oct 2, but "Sep 9" is displayed. His structure (< 8A) didn't pop out more than 1 or two days ago ...

runestar
10-03-2002, 04:54 PM
Was he previously on the list though? If so, and that was the original date, then its not incorrect. Chart looks good since at least the 28th. Nothing for October though.

Best,

RS½

pfb
10-03-2002, 06:38 PM
noticed this as well but put it down to some kind of verification process before posting the best scores up (which would be logical) - not sure if this is what is happening though...

Brian the Fist
10-04-2002, 10:24 AM
Runestar is right (in this case). If Dyyryath was on the top 10 before (for this protein) it is the date he first made the top 10, not the date he last appeared on the top 10. Just a matter of semantics I suppose.

Unless of course he never WAS on the top 10 before..

wirthi
10-04-2002, 10:47 AM
I'm quite sure he was not on the top 10 list when he submitted this structure but of course it is possible that he had been on the list for the current protein.

IHMO the date displayed should either be of the submision-date of the current structure or the date when the user showed up on the list (but didn't leave it any more in between; he may improve his position, but if he moves to place 11 or worse, the date should be reset.)

Of course this is no "mission critical" function:thumbs:

runestar
10-04-2002, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by wirthi
IHMO the date displayed should either be of the submision-date of the current structure or the date when the user showed up on the list (but didn't leave it any more in between; he may improve his position, but if he moves to place 11 or worse, the date should be reset.)

But then it would have to be named "Date first appeared with this particular best angstrom and not necessarily any other previous best angstrom." and that would just look rather messy... ;)

RS½

wirthi
10-04-2002, 03:05 PM
Ok, but IMHO right now the correct description of the date as it is right now would be:

User on top 10 (with maybe this, maybe another structure) for the first time (but not necessary continously) since: ...

Doesn't sound any easier for me; I would still prefer:

User on top 10 WITH THIS UNIQUE STRUCUTRE since:

As I said before, the whole thing is most likely not worth the trouble discussing it anyway :)

Brian the Fist
10-05-2002, 11:38 AM
Any other thoughts on this? I can easily change it, but only if there is a consensus (which there rarely is :p ) on what it should be changed to indicate.

runestar
10-05-2002, 12:04 PM
Bah... its not a big deal me says. =) I don't think most of cares that much about the date part... just being the lowest number. ;)

<clink, clink> two more cents worth for the DF jar... Do we have enough for that Dual Athlon MP yet Brian?

TTFN,

RS½