PDA

View Full Version : So Frustrating...

Alpha_7
10-08-2002, 07:30 PM
I'm sitting on a truck load of structs (for me, not of the size of the big guns :P )... But I can't upload a single struct.... :swear:

I am pulling my hair out, Howards been helping out via email, but can't find out what the problem is...

I have a question... what happens if the target is reached and my upload problem still isn't fixed.. can I still get credit later ?

Or do i have a deadline to get them in ? I was thinking of taking Fobots idea, burning a CD or two and borrowing some ADSL to upload them all... (and hope it works...)

I'm still trying to help out the team, but I've been Grey for many days now :(

(My 1.3G died :( but was replaced with a XP 1800 :D )

FoBoT
10-08-2002, 07:34 PM
you have 24 hours after the protein change , to get full credit

we expect the change to happen next tuesday, during the day , eastern time , so you have about 8 days from now to get them up the pipe

good luck!!

Alpha_7
10-08-2002, 07:42 PM
Thanks Fobot...

sounds like I'll have to pull some favours and find a mate with some downloads left.

Howards hopes that I should be able to upload after the next protien change, and the decreased upload amount...

Heres Hoping.

Paratima
10-08-2002, 09:45 PM
Keepin' our fingers crossed for ya, m8! :thumbs:

Richard Clyne
10-09-2002, 09:47 AM
Sorry to hear that you are having problems uploading your results. :(

Hope you mange to get al them structs uploaded before next week.

Alpha_7
10-09-2002, 09:54 AM
I've hooked up a mate that has Free Uploads on his ADSL, so as long as it isn't a problem with my client or something I'll burn the dirs off my boxen and give them to him to upload on the weekend.

And until the new protien I might do a little seti...

bwkaz
10-09-2002, 12:34 PM
Make sure that when he's trying to upload, the "readonly" bit is not set on the files. Windows likes to do that -- if you copy files off a CD (even a CD-R), they'll have their attributes set to readonly, just because they were on a readonly medium. And then that carries over to the hard drive, and when he tries to upload, he gets some error.

I don't believe this is a problem on Unix (although I could be wrong, so make sure), because of the umask capability -- all created files have a "default" permission of rw-r--r-- (assuming your umask is 022), unless they're executable on the CD (but that would require Rock Ridge, again).

Just a heads-up, something else you'll want him to check.

Alpha_7
10-09-2002, 08:47 PM

cygnussphere
10-12-2002, 10:43 AM
It looks like you got at lease some of your lost sheep home?
:thumbs:

Dyyryath
10-12-2002, 03:20 PM
Yup, it looks like Alpha's begun an assault on the denizens of Stats Page One. ;)

Alpha_7
10-12-2002, 09:56 PM
I only hope that the with the new protien my upload problem is fixed, so that I can upload whenever I wish, burning cds, and relying on the kindness of mates itsn't the best system.

But its good to move up a little, instead of seeing myself being passed on the highway like a broken-down car. :D

I even made it to orange :D